10

The rest of the week played out practically the same, with the exception of breakfast from Ally every morning.

"I'm so glad it's Friday," Camila sighs as her body molds into Lauren's as they walk home. Home. Camila loves the thought of her home being with Lauren. The green eyed girl slips the bag from Camila's shoulders before slinging it over her own. The gesture was small, but Camila appreciated it.

"I'm just excited to sleep in," Lauren laughs, draping her arm over the girls shoulders.

Camila giggles at this, Lauren loved sleeping more than anything. Camila's head drops as she admires her Vans scraping against the pavement and the warmth Lauren was emitting, Camila really should've brought a jacket with her today.

"What're you thinking about?" Lauren curiously peers over at the girl.

Camila looks up to the green eyed girl with a small grin. "Everything was so different at this time last week," Camila curiously ponders over the past.

Lauren arches her eyebrows at this statement, she didn't really stop to think about it, but Camila was right. "I'm glad you came knocking down my door," Lauren teases, pulling the girl closer to her body.

Camila shyly grins at the ground. "And I'm glad you stayed," Lauren whispers into her ear.

"Me too," The brown eyed girl grins up at the older girl.

As the girls begin to near the apartment building Camila blurts out, "Daniel was staring at us in the hall today." She nervously takes her lip between her teeth.

Lauren sighs, "I was hoping you didn't notice."

"He's so pissed at me..." Camila trails off.

"I'm gonna keep you safe, okay? Fuck him." Lauren confidently states to the girl as they enter the lobby.

Lauren admires Camila as she enters the living room in one of Lauren's hoodies. The smaller girl plops down next to the green eyed girl on the couch, stealing the remote from the older girl and beginning to scroll through Netflix.

Camila lays her head against Lauren's shoulder, causing the older girl to wrap her arm around the girl. Her free hand begins to twirl pieces of her brown locks between her fingers. Although Lauren's heart was practically beating out of her chest she felt undeniably content.

"Hey Camz?" Lauren calls out before she completely thinks over her words. Camila calmly hums in response to the girl. "Why...Why did you stay with Daniel if he did that stuff to you?"

Camila's body tenses at the question. "You don't have to answer I was just curious..." Lauren carries off.

"No I'll tell you," Camila sits up, Lauren takes the opportunity to back up against the armrest for support. Camila scoots closer before looking down to her lap and playing with her fingers.

"I stayed with him... Because it just felt like that was it, you know? I had never felt right in any relationship I was in and Daniel was willing to stay so I just thought that he was it." Lauren feels her heart catch in her throat at the smaller girls words. The green eyed girl leans forward, tilting Camila's chin so she was looking into those beautiful jade eyes. 

"He...He took advantage of you," Lauren nervously states.

"I thought that's kind of what I deserved."

"No Camila." Lauren sternly states before Camila even has time to elaborate. "You're beautiful, and you're amazing and intelligent, you deserved none of the shit he put you through."

"I get that now," She whispers to her hands in her lap.

"What changed your mind about him?" Lauren's raspy voice whispers.