25

Lauren dragged her feet through the hall of her apartment complex. She sat outside of Camila's class waiting, in hopes of running into the younger girl with no such luck. The green eyed girl couldn't help the tears spilling over her cheeks on her lonely walk home. The events of the day without her girl by her side became too much, causing a small break down that a couple of confused pedestrians had to witness.

Green eyes look up from the scuffed floor to eye her apartment door. With a loud huff she undoes the lock before tossing her bag on the floor. She looks around the daunting living area, this place wasn't home without her girl.

The raven haired girl marches across the hall, shutting her door behind her before abruptly entering the apartment of her friends. She ignores the look from Normani as she rushes up to Ally's door with determination set in her jade orbs.

She pushes through the cracked door and witnesses Camila whip around, her brown eyes widen in shock. The younger girl wisps through several emotions before she finally composes herself with a neutral expression.

"Please listen to me," Lauren pleads with a hint of confidence in her voice. She quickly decided she needed to take initiative to try and make Camila listen. The fear of losing the younger girl fueled Lauren's fire as she kept a close eye on her girlfriend. She wasn't getting away this time without listening.

Green eyes watch the smaller girl intently as she nods her head once before exiting out of the door. Lauren's jaw clenches before she turns on her heel to follow the girl of her dreams. "Camz!" She calls behind the brunette as she follows her through the living area. They ignore the glances from Normani still seated on the couch as they hurriedly walk through the front door.

"I'm not letting you go again." Lauren huffs as she follows the younger girl through the threshold to her own apartment. "I've done that too many times," She mumbles under her breath.

As Lauren shuts and locks the door behind her she turns to meet chocolate brown orbs. Camila's stance in the center of the kitchen was defensive yet vulnerable all at once, making Lauren do a double-take.

"Did you think I was going to do this in their apartment with everyone home?" She asks rhetorically, those words being the first spoken to Lauren in what felt like forever. God, how she missed Camila's voice.

Lauren's lips parted in shock before she took a step back to regain herself. "No," She flat out stated with a shrug of her shoulders. The initial response caused the smaller girl to furrow her eyebrows before the raven haired girl continued. "You don't get to do this. You don't get to leave me. You can't lead me here like a puppy on a fucking leash just to break up with me!" Lauren's voice raises as panic seeps into her bones. She couldn't lose the person who made everything so clear.

"Lauren-"

"No! You can't leave me," Her voice wavers with every word. "You can't leave over Kenzie kissing me because I pushed her away, I don't need her, I need you. You didn't hear me telling her to leave us alone because I'm yours but I did! I told her, I swear to God." Lauren sobs out, "You have to believe that she means nothing because you mean everything to me, Camila."

"I don't know, Lauren. I-I don't know, you mean so much to me. I'm scared." Camila shakily breathes out as she tries to pick through the words in her mind. "I'm scared of losing you, of you letting go after I'm too far deep. I've never needed someone like I need you and it frightens me. I need some form of security in my life, I used to try to be my own security but I can't... I need security."

"I can be your security! Fuck, I thought we established this already? I know you're scared but you don't see how important you are to me. You're scared of getting in too deep? I'm already there, Camila!"