26

"I missed you so much," Lauren whispered into the darkness. Her fingers trailed up the length of Camila's spine as the covers bunched around her waist.

The green eyed girl was restless that night. You'd think that after her sleepless night without Camila, she'd sleep like a baby curled into the younger girls side, but she couldn't. She couldn't fathom if any of this was real.

She couldn't believe that she was laying next to her girlfriend after she confessed her love to the brunette. After Camila returned the confession. After they made love. She couldn't believe that an angel such as the brown eyed beauty loved her. She couldn't drink in the information that she was here, Camila was here, they were here, together, and they loved each other.

"I missed you too," The raspy voice spoke out. Lauren instantly grinned at Camila's endearing sleepy voice. The brunette sloppily turns around to face her girlfriend, pulling the covers over her chilled upper half. "What're you doing up, babe?"

Lauren's eyes graze across the breathtaking features before her, she would never get enough of this girl. "I-I don't know." Camila scrunches up her eyebrows at Lauren's words. The green eyed girl subconsciously scoots closer to her love as she formulates her words. "I...I'm afraid that this is all a dream or something... and I'm going to come back to reality and you'll be a million miles away metaphorically, but in all actuality just across the hall again. I won't wake up next to your body pressed against mine and you won't know that I'm so in love with you I can't see straight sometimes."

Camila's features instantly soften at the heartfelt words her lover spoke.

"I can't lose you again, Camz." Lauren's broken voice shatters the serene darkness.

The brunettes heart breaks at those words. Lauren would never lose Camila for good, this girl was her home after all.

"Come here," The younger girl whispers, holding her arms out.

Lauren immediately obliged, wiggling into the smaller girls arms. Their bare bodies molded together and Lauren couldn't hold back the content sigh that fell from her lips.

"Do you feel that?" Camila repositioned slightly, causing Lauren's head to fall against her chest. The green eyed girl listened intently to the brunette's heart beating at an upbeat pace, the sensation bringing a smile to Lauren's lips. "I'm here, Lauren. This isn't a dream, you're going to wake up and I will still be yours. We might argue and I might distance myself for awhile but I will always come back to you. You're my safe place. I'm in love with you. This is real and this is now. I'm not a million miles away, I'm right here, and I'm not going anywhere. You're my home, Lauren." Camila whispered soothingly into the older girls hair. She received a slight nod from the green eyed girl as the grip around her waist tightened.

"Tell me you love me."

"I am so in love with you, Camz." Lauren confidently stated into the air and a smile broke out across the brown eyed girls face.

"I'm in love with you too, Lauren. Now get some rest, baby."

The next morning Lauren awoke to an empty bed. The green eyed girl couldn't deny the panic rising in her chest until she heard the shower running next door and soft singing slipping through the cracks in the apartment.

Lauren ignored the prospect of clothes and chose to venture into the bathroom. Camila's singing sounded so much clearer and it brought a smile to the green eyed girls face.

"You look so beautiful in this light

Your silhouette over me

The way it brings out the blue in your eyes