SIX: ALL RIGHT

"I've given everyone I know a good reason to go. I was surprised you stuck around long enough to figure out..."

SONG: ALL ALRIGHT

ARTIST: FUN.

My brother stared at me as I shoved a couple of fries in my mouth. He had asked me a question, but I was too busy texting Bree with one hand and eating fries with the other. I looked up and met his gaze.

"What?"

"Bree, you idiot," He sighed and stole my pile of fries. I frowned. "Does she have a date to the wedding?"

"She's working and technically so am I," I reminded him and reached for my fries. "Neither of us needs a date."

"Celeste formally invited her, why would she tell you she's working?"

"To go stag? I don't know--We've only gone on one date and hung out like three times," I told my brother and locked my phone, suddenly wanting to avoid Bree. "We're not labeled or anything."

"She put it down that she's bringing someone," Jack tried again. I wondered what he was trying to accomplish here. "And she's not bringing one of her brothers."

"Why is it that I start hanging with a girl and you guys practically force me to admit that I like her? Yes, I like Bree, probably a little more than I'd like to admit out loud, but yes, I like her,"

"Then you wouldn't mind being my plus one?" Bree stood in the doorway with Celeste.

I choked on my fry and gasped as Jack slammed his hand against my back. Soggy portions of french fry lay on the coffee table, my chest contracting and expanding as I caught my breath. Bree and Celeste hurried over, Bree's hands on my back, soothing the place where Jack practically attacked me.

"You can't just fucking do that," I told her and sat up, giving her a stern look. "You're like a shadow in the night, quiet and creepy. And I scare easily."

Bree laughed and pressed her forehead against mine. "Sorry."

"It's fine," I told her and placed my hand on her shoulder. "And yes. I will be your plus one--or whatever."

She bit down on her lip and smiled, my eyes lingering on her lips. I really wanted to kiss her, but I didn't want to do it in front of my brother--especially not Celeste. She would coo about it and probably even cry.

"Now that that's done, I have to go to my second job," Bree mumbled and kissed my cheek before standing to her feet. "Ben thinks that my uncle Joe could use some more recipes so I have to learn them just incase some posh forty year old decides to order it."

"I'll stop by?"

"Please?" Bree pleaded and fixed her shirt, licking her lips and then ran her fingers through her hair. "I don't think I can go four hours serving middle aged men and not have some sort of contact with people my age."

I suppressed a laugh. "I'll be there as soon as I can. I might bring Ashton since he's the only who can drink legally."

Bree pushed her hair off of her shoulder and picked up her fall bag, returning it to her shoulder. I made myself stand, I wanted to see if I could get at least a goodbye kiss from her. She lifted her hands and ran them tenderly through my hair.

Now, I didn't care that Jack and Celeste were watching. I already felt like I was alone with Brianna.

"I'll see you later," Bree pressed her chest against my own, arms wrapping around my waist. My heart beat a little faster at our clothed bodies against one another. "I'll save you a drink."