SEVEN: DISCONNECTED

"Hands around my waist, counting all the hills across the sheets. And I'm a falling star, a shimmer lighting up these cotton streets. I admit I'm a bit of a fool for playing by the rules, but I found my sweet escape when I'm alone with you..."

SONG: DISCONNECTED

ARTIST: 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER

She stared at me like I was a character straight out of book that she was witnessing for the first time. The dim lighting of her room made my stomach churn, the soft lull of Dolores O'Riordan singing in the background of our breathing made the moment fill with more tension than was intended. Her brown eyes stared at me with such intensity I forgot how to breathe.

I leaned forward and brought her mouth against mine. Whiskey covered her lips like lipgloss, the scent of mint mingling with the alcoholic beverage, her skinny fingers running through the hair on the back of my head. Everything felt sloppy, unplanned. It was as if she hadn't invited me over while everyone was away. As if her brothers weren't bound to be home at any minute. She was taking off my shirt as if her mother hadn't slept under this very roof.

She kissed me like a sin.

"Do something to me," Her order was clear, the consent laid out right in front of me. But I went blank. How do I pleasure someone as satisfying as her?

Instead of asking questions, I brought her mouth against mine once more. Her hands wrapped around my neck, my hands bringing her to my lap as her lips moved to my neck, mouthing the lyrics of the song as she went down. I closed my eyes and fell victim to her, her skinny hands taking my own and pinning them over my head.

I was drunk, and she was the whiskey.

Part of me wanted to let her take advantage of me, the other part of me wanted to flip her over and adhered to the worship of her body. I nudged her head, nose bumping mine gently as her mouth located mine once more. My hands cupped her face, fingers in her hair while one of my hands left to hold her against me as I rolled over on her bed and brought her to lay on her back.

"I enjoy kissing you," She whispered and looked at me with those doe eyes that made me want to melt. I bit my lip and ran my index finger over her eyebrows, tracing them and moved onto her lips. "You could write a song about me."

A smile spread across my face at her suggestion. I pressed a tender kiss to her waiting lips.

"I'm shit at writing about the things in my life that make me happy--You'll have to break my heart or leave me for another guitarist," I told her and watched an amused smile place itself on her lips. "Move to another country after breaking up with me might earn you an entire album."

Brianna giggled and shook her head at me, pushing me off of her. I laughed and turned myself on my side--just like she did.

"I think I'm going to cut my hair," She told me and bit down on her lip. "Lucy Hale, but not exactly like that."

"You'd look good with bangs if you're cutting your hair that short," I told her and accepted the way her fingers danced over the bare skin of my arm. "You look good in anything."

"Except rompers. I'm too tall for them," She frowned. "Do you like that? Am I like abnormally tall?"

"You're one of the tallest girls I've dated, but no, it's not abnormal," I assured her and took her hand, kissing her finger tips. "I have this friend, Lacey, she's like five eleven. She also plays Legend of Zelda as much as I do which is probably the only reason why we're friends."

Brianna pressed her lips together and nodded her head. "So, my height is attractive?"

"Probably the only reason I'm with you, honestly," I lied and watched her glower at me, almost offended before she realized I was kidding. "You're an idiot."