THIRTY-EIGHT: FUNNY YOU SHOULD ASK

"The good thing about this cast is I can still hold a knife, so if you ever twist my arm again I'll be sure to put up a fight. You see, I just don't want to do the things you want me to do, but I'm a sucker, so I do them cause I am still in love with you..."

SONG: FUNNY YOU SHOULD ASK

ARTIST: THE FRONT BOTTOMS

We were at a club. It was a bound to happen, mostly because Calum liked clubs and Brianna didn't like to be home alone so we ended up calling up some friends and forcing them to join us. The music was loud, and I felt like an old man because all I wanted to do was go home and my girlfriend still hadn't come back from the dance floor—which only worried me in the sense that she might not be safe.

I tapped my fingers against the surface of the table and pretended I was listening to everything Mitchy was saying. My fingers pushed through my hair, a small nod coming from me as he asked for something's assurance. I tilted my head back and closed my eyes. The small amount of whiskey I had swallowed, (Brianna's left overs), made me wish I had more.

"Luke," Mitchy was waving his hand in my face, and I was a little annoyed. "You don't look like you want to be here."

"I don't want to be here," I confirmed his thoughts and watched a tiny, offended expression look on his face as he reached over for his beer and brought it to his lips. "No offence, but I'd rather be at home with my girlfriend and her annoying mutt."

Mitchy snorted. "Right, I forget you have a girlfriend."

I rolled my eyes. Mitchy was the kind of guy to forget important details of everyone's life because he was so invested in his own. He pretended he was best friends with everyone, which I didn't blame him for, but he did get unbearable at times. I went back to searching for my now, sort of, blonde girlfriend.

"Why do you get up and look for her?" Mitchy suggested and finished the last of his beer. And looking for her had crossed my mind, but I didn't want to unintentionally ruin her fun. She was with some friend of Michael partying away.

"I'm pissed," I jumped at the sound of Brianna's voice as she sat down. She looked at her empty cup of whiskey and glared at me. I grinned, leaning over and kissing her cheek. "Michael's friend is fucking mean."

I raised an eyebrow. "What'd she do?"

"We were outside because I got this weird feeling I was going to throw up, and some fans were standing outside and asking if you were here and I tried to be as discreet as possible, but she just started yelling at them," She explained and ran her fingers through her hair. I frowned and reached for her hand. "And I just said that you were inside, but I didn't know if you were still in the same place and then I had to apologize for her."

She moved closer to me and lay her head on my shoulder. "Do you want to go dance with me?"

"Am I going to have to pull some nasty fucker off of you and punch him?" I asked, and watched a little smile form on her face. "And I'm sorry about Christy or whatever her name is. We'll go outside in a little and meet some of them."

"You have got to stop reading your own fanfiction, dude," Brianna groaned and stood, holding out her hand toward me. "And please. I don't want to keep looking like the bad guy because of that girl."

*

I did end up punching someone, but that wasn't until later and I had accidentally elbowed some dude while I was trying to pull of a dance move, (which made Brianna laugh hysterically until I was fighting some guy because I had accidentally elbowed him). Brianna had to take me to the hospital because she didn't exactly know how to fix a nearly broken hand—though I didn't expect her to.