TWENTY-ONE: KISS ME

"Oh, kiss me beneath the milky twilight, lead me out on the moonlit floor, lift your open hand, strike up the band and make the fireflies dance. Silver moon's sparkling, so kiss me..."

SONG: KISS ME

ARTIST: THE CRANBERRIES

"Six months," I told my dad without looking up from the screen of my phone. Brianna, Celeste and Bryana were in the kitchen, fawning over Stevie who had smiled continuously at the sight of her mother being so lively.

"You and her?" He glanced over at Brianna. I nodded and brought my fingers to run through my hair, lifting my head to stare at her. She was in my shirt and her usual black, ripped skinny jeans and red converse. "And I didn't know?"

"You didn't care," I corrected him and licked my lips before looking over at Jack who was speaking to Ashton softly. "It's okay, though. I don't really like talking about my relationships with you guys."

My dad gave a little shrug of his shoulders. "Your mother would have liked her. Liz always liked Celeste because she was driven, Brianna is the same way."

I wanted to laugh because my girlfriend couldn't even get out of bed unless there was breakfast already made. Brianna skipped school more than anything. Yes, she was driven, but not in the way Celeste was. Celeste and Brianna are far too different to be compared.

"Right," I mumbled and then looked at my untouched bottle of beer. I reached for it and stared at it. "Am I allowed to drink?"

My dad gave me a questioning look. "Legally, no, but I'm not going to stop you. You know your limits, Lewi," My dad reminded me and pressed his lips together before parting them. "Are you scared you might relapse?"

"I've just--I haven't drinken alcohol the way I used to because I'm scared they'll mix with my meds," I admitted and then Jack came to sit down with us. Ashton followed and took the seat beside me. "It's a dumb fear."

"Don't call it dumb," Jack muttered and set his beer down on one of the coasters. "It's okay to drink, just don't do it at the same time you're taking your medicine. Are you off of your anti-depressants?"

I shook my head. "I have a session with her tomorrow to get off of them completely. She suggested it last time, but I was too scared."

Brianna came behind me and wrapped her arms around my neck. "I'm with you whatever you choose to do." She reminded me and kissed the side of my head.

I smiled and raised my hand, moving her arm so it was pressing against my lips. She pressed her forehead against the back of mine and exhaled.

"You aren't helping the girls?" I asked, turning my head slightly--forgetting that my brother, dad, and best friend were in the same room with us.

"Yes, but they kicked me out and sent me to go get some more bow-like noodles," Brianna mumbled and then stood up. "So, I need my car keys."

"I'll go with you," I told her and stood up. "Gives me an excuse to not give into drinking."

Brianna nodded and went to grab a twenty dollar bill from the inside of her bag, tucking it inside of her back pocket before walking with me toward the car. She sneaked her hand closer to mine, grazing our hands together.

"Brianna, are you trying to hold my hand?"

"Me?" She looked played surprised, a large smile on her beautiful face. "I can't believe you would think I want to hold your hand."

I rolled my eyes and tugged her toward me, pressing her against the car and bringing her mouth against mine. Brianna ceased her laughing and tugged me closer to her. Her fingers carted through my hair, teeth sinking into my bottom lip as I reached behind me for the handle of the car door. Brianna pushed my hands away and opened the car door herself, smiling like an idiot.