FORTY-ONE: I WAS BORN TO LOVE YOU

"I was born to love you with every single beat of my heart. Yes, I was born to take care of you. Every single day..."

SONG: I WAS BORN TO LOVE YOU

ARTIST: QUEEN

If there was one thing I missed about being in a different country than my girlfriend, it was not being able to wake up to the things I thought I disliked.

Like the way her hair was in my mouth, or the way her make-up smudged my pillow every time, the way she'd cling to me longer just to have those three extra minutes with me in bed even though I was going to be late, how she always sent Bean to lick my face whenever she was up early, (on the rare occasion). She was the complete opposite of what I had in mind when it came to a girlfriend and it struck me as odd that we had survived this long.

My girlfriend stared at me from where she sat on the couch. I was talking to my manager before the show but all I wanted was to sit next to her. We hadn't been able to just sit next to each other and talk. It was bugging me that all I had was a lazy kiss last night and then her jet lagged body passing out beside mine.

"Luke," John snapped his fingers in my face, frowning as he did so. "Come on, you'll have enough time with Brianna after this."

I flushed and turned back to John, trying to be as attentive as I could before practically running back to Brianna. She gave me a soft smile and leaned her head on my shoulder.

"Being in New York feels weird," She admitted and lifted her head to nuzzle my cheek. "What did John want?"

"Usual stage precautions. We're getting rid of the fire," I told her and reached for her hand, intertwining our fingers. She grinned, absolutely fucking clingy and I loved every second of it.

It was as if she would hold onto me even while I was on stage. Right now, nothing could fuck this up. Not even if the world collapsed.

"Good. I don't need my boyfriend getting struck by fire too," Brianna muttered and leaned up, giving another tender kiss to my cheek. "God, I missed you so much."

"I did too, baby," I muttered and shifted my body, spreading her legs over my lap. Brianna bit down on her lip and climbed onto my lap entirely, straddling me. "If you're turned on right now, you have to worst timing."

She rolled her eyes and then awarded me with an annoyed look. Even when she was looking at me like this it hit me how much I missed her. It felt like as if every bone in my body was finally something useful. The phalanges in my fingers, bending at the joint and curling around her, the ones in my lips decorating her brown skin with tender kisses. I felt useful.

I leaned forward and kissed her. Brianna gasped, surprised I had made the first move. Her fingers lifted, curling through the strands of my hair and pushing our mouths harsher against one another. I groaned and let out a heavy exhale, her nose grazing against mine. Brianna lifted her hips and grazed herself against me.

"And yes, I'm turned on," Brianna muttered and then placed her hands on either side of my neck. "But you have a show to play and I don't want girls hating me more than they already do."

I frowned at her words, but allowed her to pull away from me anyway.

_______________________

Brianna was mad at me when she saw me and she had every right to be. I was being passive aggressive about what she told me and tweeted vaguely about it as soon as I got off stage.

"Why can't you leave anything alone Luke?" Brianna asked, pacing back and forth in our hotel room. She ran her fingers through her now brown hair and then shot me a look. "I was fine with being hated by the majority of your female fans. They're overprotective."