ELEVEN: SAFETY PIN

"Everybody wants to throw us away, broken boy meets broken girl. You said you tried it all before And it only makes it worse, oh, but this time, maybe this time two wrongs make it right..."

SONG: SAFETY PIN
ARTIST: 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER

Brianna wasn't in bed when I woke up, which I didn't expect her to be. Usually, I'd be up before the sun rose, but I needed to make time to go get a new prescription. I sighed and ran my hands over my face and then heard her throwing up.

Slowly, I stood from the bed and brought myself to sit down next to her as she wiped some saliva off of her bottom lip. She sniffled and rested her head on my shoulder, closing her eyes. I licked my lips and just clasped my hands together.

There was an odd rumble in the pit of my stomach, not of hunger. Maybe of emptiness. I sighed softly and just stared at the tiles of the floor. I felt worse than I had pictured myself to be. Brianna sighed softly and pushed herself off of the floor, kissing the top of my head before going for her toothbrush. I stood and shed my clothing, stepping into the shower and turned it on.

The water wet my hair in seconds, the freezing temperature slowly coming to a skin burning feeling. I exhaled, the fog practically suffocating me as my breathing became heavy. My head tilted back, letting the hot water over my face while I listened to Brianna turn the sink on and then off.

She's bored of me. She's going to leave.

I pressed my forehead against the shower wall and fisted my hands, licking my lips tenderly. After a few minutes I pulled away and shut off the water, opening the door and finding Brianna had left me a towel on the counter.

"I made you breakfast," She commented as I entered the kitchen in just the towel. Brianna stared at me, eyes following my every movement and all I could think off was that she didn't want me. "You look hot."

It was all she said. I exhaled.

"Thanks, babe,"

"Do you want me to get your pill? I could make some coffee for you and--"

"No," I motioned her to come toward me while I placed myself to sit on a stool. "I'll get it afterward. What are you doing today?"

"Day off. My uncle is cleaning up the reception hall and I'm home free from all the labor," She smiled and bit down on her lip. "I might go to pick up my sister from school if my mom can't."

"Oh," I took a bite of the eggs she had made. "Can you drop me off at the pharmacy? I'm out of Q-tips."

Brianna laughed and nodded her head. "I'll go with you, is that okay?"

It would make it harder for m to get my medicine without her noticing, but I wasn't going to make her suspicious.

"Yeah, we can go really quick,"

"Cool,"

*

"What'd you do at school today, June Bug?" Brianna asked as her little sister climbed into the front seat. I sat in the back with my head against the window.

My stomach had been bugging me for the last few hours, but not in the sense that I had to puke or go to the bathroom. Almost like something bad was going to happen, but nothing ever did. I just had anxiety.

"We learned about the pilgrims and did some math. I hate math," She mumbled, making me a smile a little bit. I had only met Juniper once before, but she hadn't shown any signs of disliking me. "Hi Luke."

"Hi Juniper," I greeted and took her outstretched hand, shaking it. "My mum was a maths teacher."

"Can she teach me how to multiply?" Juniper asked, turning in her seat to look at me. I managed a smile and tried to ignore the look on Brianna's face as she asked the question. "It's okay if it takes a while."