TWENTY-SEVEN: WHAT YOU NEED

"Don't ask me why then roll your eyes at the answer, you want a fight, but I won't bite on the bait and I'm not trying to change your eyes so don't panic 'cause I'm not selling..."

SONG: WHAT YOU NEED

ARTIST: BRING ME THE HORIZON

Brianna was out of bed before I was, surprisingly. Though, she probably smelled the food and decided to use the whole 'I'm helping out' excuse to eat before actual dinner. I groaned and ran my hands over my face, before standing from bed and walking around the room to find something presentable so I could go downstairs.

I found my sweats and the shirt Brianna used to sleep in. I smiled when I saw her with Feldmann, ukulele sitting on her lap while he showed her the strings to Can't Help Falling In Love. She cheered when she played it all the way through and lifted her head, finding me against the doorframe.

"Babe, come here," She told me and patted the space beside her. "Sing while I play, yeah?"

I gave her a weary look and licked my lips. "I just woke--"

"I can't sing and your voice sounds really cute right now," She told me, giving me a pleading look. I look down at the ring she placed on my finger and smiled. "Tell me when I mess up."

It was directed at Feldmann, which I figured since I was coming to sit down beside her. She sat up straighter and positioned her fingers before strumming softly. Feldmann watched and I forgot I was supposed to sing until she looked at me, giving me a little look.

"Wise man said, 'Only fools rush in', but I can't help falling in love with you," I sang softly, ignoring Feldmann's wife as she came into the room with her phone out. Brianna began to sing along with me, softer because she didn't like the sound of her voice when she sang, "Take my hand, take my whole life too for I can't help falling in love with you."

Brianna smiled and handed Feldmann his ukulele before cupping my face gently.

"I have to shower and brush my teeth," I told her, noticing she had already done both. I scratched her scalp gently.

"Oh, look at me not caring," Brianna leaned forward and kissed me tenderly. I smiled and tilted my head up to kiss her forehead softly. "I'm going to go help in the kitchen. And I mean help."

I bit down on my lip and watched her leave with Feldmann's wife. John gave me a knowing smile and leaned back in his seat.

"How long have you guys been dating?"

"In, like, three months we'll be a year," I told Feldmann and stared at my hands, the ring hitting the light. "She's amazing. I mean, obviously, you know since you've been around her."

"She refers to everything as 'our' and 'we' and 'us'," John smiled and strummed his ukulele mindlessly. "It's adorable."

I blushed and ran my hands over my face, thinking about her talking like that. And maybe she had already, but I was always doing something else or making sure she was comfortable-- wherever we were.

"We're pretty domestic," I commented. "Is that okay? I don't want to make her feel like I'm forcing her into anything. I asked her to move in with me."

John's eyes widened. "She agreed?"

"Yeah, but only when we get back to the east coast, but I'd move anywhere she'd want to, honestly," I told him and lay back down, feeling exhaustion wash over me again. "She always kept saying how she wanted to come back to LA."

John sighed. "Luke, you guys need to pace yourself. She might be ready, but you need to prepare yourself as well."

I frowned.