FIFTY: KISS ME SLOWLY

Brianna is above!! Literally one of the greatest humans to have entered my life and the inspiration for this book that is slowly coming to an end. She's also rlly hot?? Idk man im lit her biggest fan ok done talking about her.

"Two shadows standing by the bedroom door. No, I could not want you more than I did right then, as our heads leaned in..."

SONG: KISS ME SLOWLY
ARTIST: PARACHUTE

Brianna stared at the church, holding the marriage license on her lap. I swallowed and looked at her.

"Do you have the rings?" She asked, finally snapping out of whatever trance she was in. I nodded and shook the box with our rings. "I'm so nervous."

I smiled softly and reached for her hand, bringing it to my lips. "You and me against the world, B."

She managed a smile and then pulled her hand away from mine to open the car door. Easily, I pushed myself out and rushed to her, tugging her to me. She was wearing a white dress with long sleeves and her leather jacket and her black boots. I cupped her face and kissed her as tenderly as I could, holding her to me as tightly as I could. Brianna wrapped her arm around me, smiling softly.

"I love you, Brianna Burns," I whispered and pulled away from her. "You look absolutely beautiful."

She closed her eyes as I took steps away from her. "You're everything, Luke Hemmings."

"Go inside," I whispered. I turned around and when I looked back, the chapel door was closing. I hurried to the trunk and opened it, pulling out the sunflowers I had bought this morning.

The Reverend's daughter, Ailee, who we had met last night smiled as I entered, grinning softly. "She's pacing in the back room," She looked at the flowers in my hand. "Are those for her?"

I nodded. "Just tell her that we're going to be okay. She can back out at any time."

Ailee took the flowers and didn't say anything else. I nervously fixed the collar of my shirt and flattened the flaps of my own leather jacket. I pushed down my nerves and stalked toward the front where the Reverend was waiting.

"Nervous?" He asked as he flipped through pages. I nodded. "Perfect. If you're not nervous, you're not serious about her."

I lifted my head. "She's the love my life."

I saw her before she saw me. She was beautiful and holding the flowers, I couldn't he;p but fall in love with her all over again. She was clumsy, and overly talkative. She believed in things that most people would roll their eyes at. She wore glitter on her face for no reason and every reason. She was shirts that were too big for her and glasses of whiskey on Friday nights. She listened to The Cranberries religiously and woke herself from nightmares because she was just the perfect amount of complete independence. Every word she spoke felt like a lesson to the universe and felt like these syllables were meant to be yelled at me. She was snow princesses and everything I failed to be and give.

"I promise to love and protect you every moment of my life," I managed, staring at the girl before me. She was tears and happy smiles. "To be the one who protects your dreams and hopes with every inch of me. To love you even when you annoy me to extents I had never thought possible because you are the reason for every waking morning, Brianna."

She swallowed her sobs and licked the tears off of her lips.

"I promise to love and shield you from your darkest demons," Brianna whispered because her words belonged to me. She looked at me in a way where I felt as if I had been a part of her since the beginning of her time. "To be your best friend through everything and anything. To be the one who can stop time if it means seeing you smile for the rest of my life. To love you even when you're miles away and fingertips can't even keep us in touch. To be the person that will become another fiber of your beings because you are everything."