EPILOGUE

Our sleeping schedules had gotten the best of us as she dashed subliminal kisses along my shoulder blades as I went over my homework. She was reading some book about Freud and scoffed against my skin every little while and it made me smile. We were both on our last year of school and my wife had little to no patience with Psychologists who didn't know what they were talking about.

"Aren't his theories completely garbage?" I asked and put down my pen, turning my body to look at her. Brianna rolled her eyes and nodded her head. "Why are you reading his works?"

Brianna closed the book. "One of my professors loves him so naturally, he's forced Freud down our throats."

I smiled and let my palms glide over the the surface of her thighs. She bit down on her lip and placed her hand under my chin, leaning closer to me in order to plant a kiss on my lips. I grinned and pushed myself up, slipping my hands under her and then shoved her lower half against me. Brianna exhaled heavily, moving her hands so her fingers ran through my hair whilst my mouth dashed kisses along the side of her neck.

It was only at the sound of our two year old wailing did I break away from her. Brianna threw herself back on the hotel room's bed as I pushed myself to my feet.

"Five minutes to put him back to sleep and then we'll order some food from room service," I told her before leaving the room to watch my four year old stare at the crying two year old as if he were some diseased, wounded animal.

"Go back to sleep, M," I told my daughter and kissed the top of her head, her eyes dropping as she shoved herself into the blankets again. "I'll take you out to eat tomorrow."

"Burger and fries,"

"Your mum is going to kill me if she finds out you're eating that stuff," I muttered and then moved onto the blonde little girl in the other bed. Her bottom lip quivering as she stared at me with tears glossed eyes. "Bad dream?"

Ella nodded her head and scoot over on the bed, making space for me. I sighed and placed myself beside her, pushing her bangs away from her face as pushed her face against her chest.

"What was it about this time?"

"Couldn't breathe," She whispered and pulled her head back, staring at me intently. I sighed and kissed her forehead.

"Remember it's just a dream," I whispered and ran the pad of my fingers over her cheek as she stared at me. "Mum and I will always be here to protect you."

She nodded and closed her eyes again, falling right back to sleep. I continued running my fingers through her hair until I was sure she was asleep. I exhaled and pushed myself out of the bed before kneeling beside Mia's. She turned and gave me a soft smile, sleepy.

"If you tell mum I'm taking the both of you out for burgers while she's studying I will never do it again," I whispered, trying to sound menacing, but Mia knew me possibly just as well as Brianna did. I couldn't be mean to the girls in my life. "I'm serious, Mia."

"Okay, dad," Mia giggled and pulled her hand out from underneath her blanket and touched the side of my face. "Do you have another show tomorrow?"

"Three more shows, babe, and then we're back to LA. I promise," I told her and leaned toward her to kiss her forehead. "Go to sleep or you'll be drowsy in the morning."

Mia nodded and closed her eyes just as I pushed myself to my feet and left the room, already thoroughly exhausted from having to deal with my girls. Brianna was back to reading Freud when I walked back into our room. She turned her head and gave me a small smile, pushing herself up and gave me a sleepy smile.