TEN: DISTRACTION

"The city fell flat. The fires, they grew. When the smoke comes in it'll color this town, but I'll still have you..."

SONG: DISTRACTION
ARTIST: ANGELS & AIRWAVES

"She's going to be here in like thirty seconds," Ben clapped his hand down on my shoulder. "Celeste made her ride with her. She trusts her judgement."

I quirked a smile and ran my hands over my knees and then watched me second oldest brother pace around the room we were in.

"What if she decides to just leave me and takes our baby with her? That would fucking suck," Jack panicked and ran his hands over his face. "I'm fine. I'm fine. We wouldn't have been together seven years if she didn't love me."

"Plus, she can't exactly run very far because of the baby so--"

"God, Ben, you're a fucking idiot," Jack laughed and then looked at the door. "Package for Lewi."

I groaned at the nickname as Brianna wrapped her arms around my neck. I turned my head and kissed her cheek.

"Hey," She returned the kiss, her hand coming to wipe the subtle red lipstick off of my cheek. "I just came to see you really quick before Celeste calls me off."

She pulled away from me, allowing me to see the red dress she had on. It was dark, reaching her knees, and sport a low cut top. She gave me a little smile and twirled for me before leaning down and kissing my cheek again.

"I've gotta jet," Brianna said simply before walking out of the room.

I swallowed, realizing I hadn't said a word to her. I was in awe at the sight of her. Her long legs complimented the dress outstandingly well and for the first time in forever I was glad I had someone like her.

"You loooove her,"

"Ben, it's hard to believe that you're the oldest one out of the three of us," I pointed out and stood up from the couch I was sitting on. "Let's go get you married, big brother."

Celeste was a trembling mess. Brianna helped her father calmly walk her down the aisle before she took her place in the front row on Jack's side. She sent me an inconspicuous kiss before directing her attention to the actual ceremony.

I couldn't keep my eyes off of her. She was fucking beautiful. Her hair was styled upward and eyes sported black eyeliner, mascara, and lips were covered in dark red lipstick. Her black heels complimented her calves and all I wanted to do was forget that we were supposed to be taking it slow.

"You may kiss the bride,"

I blinked and my brother was walking down the aisle and I was reaching for Brianna (even though I wasn't supposed be, there was now a maid of honor that didn't have anyone to walk with).

She stopped me in the middle, annoying white petals falling over our heads as she pressed our mouths together in the simplest and most innocent of ways. Her hands rested on my hips, my hands lifting to cup her face as we moved our mouths together slowly.

"I cleaned your room," She informed me, making me smile widely. "And I got you a new coffee maker, and I'm not wearing any underwear--or a bra for that matter."

"Christ," I laughed and gave her another kiss. "You are just continuously sinning in the middle of a church."

"Wait 'till you see me touch some holy water," She giggled and broke away from me, tugging on my hand.

When we got to the reception, Brianna had the bridesmaid grab another seat because she wasn't giving me up for the night. Celeste didn't really care--honestly, if she had remembered Brianna she would have been the bridesmaid.