chapter eight

chapter eight
(not edited)

I FEEL LIKE AS SOON AS I stop trying to think about something, it always comes back to me like a boomerang.

For the rest of the weekend, I just stayed at home and tried to focus on myself for once without any distractions, and it worked out pretty well. Until I came to school on Monday and remembered that Mason was still upset with me - hence the reason why he didn't come up to kiss me this morning - and Julia was still a bitch. Well, I'm trying to convince myself that she's a bitch.

Even thinking about May Parker came back to me. She started texting me again all throughout class and it made me smile. She proved my theory (of her not liking me) incorrect and that made me even more happy.

I was responding to one of her texts while I was walking to my next class, just as I happened to bump into somebody and my phone dropped to the floor. My heart started racing and I bent down to pick it up, luckily to find that the screen was still perfectly fine.

"Oh, shit." Someone said above me. "Is your phone okay?"

I stood up and looked into the eyes of Kyle - one of the guys from May's party.

"Kyle?" I smiled.

"Oh, hey! Oh, my God." He chuckled as well and shoved his hands into his pockets. "Ashley, right? From May's party?"

"That's me." I shoved my phone into my back pocket. "I didn't know you went to school here."

"Yeah, well I could say the same to you." He smiled. "What grade are you in?"

"I'm a sophomore." I replied. "What about you?"

"Junior." He said as he smirked. That makes a lot of sense, due to the fact that we don't have any classes together and I've never seen him around before. Maybe Mason knows him; he's a junior as well.

"Do you know Mason?" I asked. "Mason Baylor?"

"The name sounds familiar." He nodded. "Is that the guy on the soccer team?"

I nodded my head, "yep. That's him."

"Yeah, I have a few classes with him. How do you know him?" He asked. The hallway started to get empty and I was suddenly worried about being late for class.

"He's my boyfriend." I answered.

His eyes widened so big that they could've popped out of his skull.

"Oh, shit." He chuckled. My heart began to race and I began to wonder what was going on in his head. Was he going to judge me as well? "That's great, sorry, I didn't mean to react like that. It's just - never mind. I'll see you later, yeah? Don't want to be late to class."

"Okay, see ya." I said half heartedly as we departed and began to head to our next class.

What was that all about?

     Suddenly, my phone started ringing. I pulled it out of my back pocket and saw the caller ID belonging to the one and only, May Parker. I checked the time and saw that I only had two minutes to get to class, so I answered it as I rushed down the hall.

     "Hello?"

     "Ashley," she said, "I'm gonna need you to do me a favor."

     "Okay, like what?" I said, approaching my classroom. I stood outside the door so my math teacher wouldn't catch me with my phone out in his class.