chapter nineteen

chapter nineteen
(not edited)

"GET READY ASHLEY, we're on our way right now." May spoke loudly through the phone. I had just woken up and I wasn't even sure if it was even ten o'clock yet, but I decided to forget about the time. It's the weekend, shouldn't I be sleeping in?

"What?" I groaned into the phone. I could barely open my eyes; I was so tired.

"Aw, did I wake you up?" May cooed. I chuckled into a smile and finally blinked my eyes open.

"Yeah, a little."

"Oh, good." May laughed. "That means you need to get in the shower right now and Kyle and I will be over soon to help you choose an outfit."

I was still confused.

"What?" I exclaimed a little too loudly. "What time is it?"

"It's nine in the morning and you better get your butt out of bed if we want to surprise Lulu in time."

"Oh." I mentally face palmed. "Right."

     "Did Ashley James forget about Lulu's surprise party?" She gasped. I chuckled and shook my head slightly.

     "Maybe a little."

     "Well get up and do something!" May laughed. "We'll be at your house in ten minutes!"

     "Okay." I practically jumped out of bed and hung up the phone.

     I made my way to the front door and unlocked it so they can let themselves in. I might be in the shower when the two of them come over, so I'm just making sure they don't ring the doorbell a billion times and wake my parents up.

     I took out a sticky note from a drawer in the kitchen and began to write to my parents: Hey mom and dad! I'll be hanging out with some friends all day. I have my phone. <3

     I was still incredibly tired, but I managed to make my way to the bathroom in a quick speed. I don't want them to get here and then have to wait on me for Lulu's surprise party. It's actually kind of weird, now that I think about it, that I barely even know Lulu but I'm going to her party. Is that weird or normal?

     I hopped in the shower and tried to do everything as fast as I could. I began by shaving, only because it takes the longest, and then made my way to cleaning my hair and body. When I got out of the shower, I realized that was probably the fastest one of my life. I should get an award or something.

     My eyes widened when I looked around the bathroom and realized I hadn't brought any clothes with me. I mentally prayed that May and Kyle weren't here yet, otherwise they'd see me running around my house in a towel.

     I wrapped a towel around my hair and body and then proceeded to open the bathroom door. When I saw no one or heard anything, I casually walked over to my bedroom next door.

     "Ashley!" I heard someone yell from the right of me and I practically leaped to the other side of the room. It was May Parker and Kyle, standing in the middle of my room.

     I was suddenly extremely self cautious. The towel around my body was a little small and I hope that they won't notice. Actually, I prayed that they won't notice.

     "Well, looks like you're clean." Kyle chuckled as May quietly turned her head and looked at the floor. "Want us to help you choose an outfit?"

     I chuckled into a smile and held the towel tight to my chest. 

     "Sure." I answered. "But I'm pretty sure it won't be that hard since May is in jeans, so I'll just do the same."