Chapter 1

**Before reading this, I want all of you to know that this was the first "book" that I've ever completed. There are MANY mistakes due to the fact that I write off the top of my head and I hardly go back to correct them. I will soon take the time to do so. Please know that my content is 100% original. I appreciate each and every comment thanks for the continuous support!

I heard helicopters swarming above my three story mansion. I knew this day would come soon. Jarrod and I had prepared for this, but the way it was happening now...I didn't know what to expect. I could hear cop cars pulling up in front of our house. "Jarrod McKinney, come out with your hands above your head!" I was home alone with our two beautiful children, Jarrod Jr 4, and India 2. I could feel the tears burning my cheeks. I looked outside my window and saw a swat team ready to attack. I got on my knees and prayed...

As I pulled up to the gates of my Miami home I saw Range Rovers, Escalades, and Hummers parked in front of my garage. This meant Jarrod had company. I took a deep sigh as I pulled up and parked at the rear of my home. I could already smell the weed. I opened the door and saw about 6 muscular men sitting around in our living room smoking, drinking, and eating potato chips. I did not acknowledge any of them, but I could feel their eyes burning through the back of my sun dress. I walked into our home office and shut the door. There, I saw Jarrod on the phone, blunt in his hand, and his feet on the desk.  Jarrod stood 6'3, he had smooth dark chocolate skin, a clean cut fade, and two deep dimples. As I walked over to greet him, he hung up the phone, stood up, turned towards me and kissed me gently. He ran his fingers through my hair and caressed my thighs with his strong, manly hands. I pulled from the kiss and looked deep into his hazel eyes. He smiled.

"I love you, China" I fell out of my daze and said back to him, "I love you too, babe." 

Jarrod opened the door for me and gave me a tap on my butt. I turned around and he winked at me. I smiled back at him and walked into the kitchen. 

"Alright, all you niggas gotta get out my house now....Yo, P-Dub I'm sick of your games bruh. You need to have my money next time man, I'm not even playin' with yo' ass."

Jarrod ran his hand over his left pocket, signaling to P-Dub that he meant serious business. P-Dub didn't respond. He just had a worried look on his face. He and the rest of the men left. No goodbye, they just left. The house was a mess. It smelled of weed, alcohol, and sweaty men. This is what I came home to every Tuesday night. This was when Jarrod met with his main drug dealers to meet, discuss, and smoke.

 J.J and India were at Jarrod's moms house in Atlanta for the week so I did't have to deal with having the little ones around this shit.

"Jarrod, seriously. I don't know how much more of this I can take!"

Jarrod smiled at me and sat at one of the bar stools.

"What are you talking about babe?"

"Jarrod this isn't a joke! You know exactly what I'm talking about! You bringing these suspicious men into our home every Tuesday."

"Nah, it's not even like that China and you know this! I don't know why yo' ass always starts trippin when they come over. I trust these niggas, they're not even like the others!"

We went back and forth.

"Jarrod, Anthony and Jermain tried to rat you out, just so they can take your title and those are the niggas you trusted so much. All I'm saying is to be careful and have these meetings somewhere else."

Jarrod shook his head at me and picked up his iphone and started texting. I loved Jarrod with all of my heart, but there was always a part of me that didn't trust him and he knew that. I opened the fridge and pulled out some chicken breast and some fresh vegetables. I glanced over at him and saw him smiling and looking at his phone. I didn't want to think anything of it so I went on to preparing our dinner. 

"How's the chicken?" I asked Jarrod.

"Its aiight.." He chuckled.

"Just 'aiight'?" I said mocking him.

"Yeah I mean..it's not like Moms or Maria's, but it's aiight!!"

We both started laughing. I wasn't quite the chef so I always left that up to Jarrod's mom or Maria, our nanny. We finished eating our dinner and by this time it was already 11:30pm. Jarrod was in the family room playing Madden and I was upstairs in our master suite bedroom. I had just taken a long hot shower and I slipped into some new lingerie that I picked up from Frederic's yesterday and I threw a black silk robe over it. It felt good not to have the kids around, so I got to relax. I called Jarrod on the intercom from our bedroom and told him to come up to our room. He knew what this meant. Jarrod entered the room, no shirt on, just boxers. I smiled at him. I could see him getting excited. He leaped into the bed like he was a teenager again and elbowed me in my ribcage.

"DAMN IT!!" I screamed out in pain.

"Oh shi-, damn, I'm sorry baby." He said, kissing me on my neck.

I really just wanted to cuddle with him tonight, nothing more, nothing less. I wanted to feel his big, strong arms around me, as he kissed my forehead and whispered in my ear how much he loved me. But of course, Jarrod wanted more. He started feeling me up and getting aggressive but I wasn't in the mood for all that tonight.

"Jarrod...just hold me.." He paused and looked at me dumbfounded.

"Are you serious?!" He said.

"Yeah..." I whispered in my most seductive voice.

I could hear him give out an angry sigh. Jarrod held me in his arms for 2 minutes and got up.

"I'm not feelin this cuddeling shit." He shoved me off of him, grabbed his iphone and went into the bathroom.

I laid on my back and looked at myself in the ceiling mirror. I could feel tears forming in my eyes, but I did not let them fall. Jarrod only cared about four things, his drugs, his money, his privacy, and sex. That scared me. 

I woke up the next morning, alone, in our California king bed. The sun was shining bright and I could smell breakfast cooking in the kitchen. I heard a vibration coming from the bathroom. BZZZZ....BZZZZ...BZZZZ...I got up, stretched and knocked on the door...no answer. I opened it. I saw Jarrod's iphone was sitting on the vanity near my make up area. I picked it up. 10 missed calls, 7 new text messages, and 5 new voice mails.

"Damn?" I said to myself.

I clicked the call history. I read..P-Dub, Candice,  Jackson, Shante, Dolla, Candice, Candice, Candice, Candice, Candice, Candice. Candice was Jarrod's best friends girlfriend. But why the hell was she blowing up my mans phone?! I was already tensing up. As I slid my finger down the screen to open the text messages the first thing I saw was her name...big and bold...CANDICE. I heard foot steps coming up the spiral stairs to our bedroom. Part of the text message showed.. 'I'm putting my fingers....." I didn't want to open the message, but something was telling me to do it. I heard the foot steps getting louder and closer...The bedroom door opened...Then the bathroom door. I could see a shadow hovering over me. I turned around to see Jarod towering over me. I had nowhere to run.