Chapter 22

"I heard shes one of the best real estate agents out here in California." Tyrone said to me with much excitement. 

"Well I sure do hope so." I said as I grabbed Tyrone's hand with anticipation. Today was the day that we would be seeing the house. The real estate agent was waiting for us inside. I could hear her talking on the phone with someone. As we entered, I scoped the house. Just as I imagined. Big, beautiful, and cozy. I could definitely see the kids and I living here. We walked into the kitchen where a tall, curvy woman, with chocolate skin and a short hair cut stood near the sliding doors that let out to the pool. When she heard us walk in she got off the phone, turned around and greeted us.

"Hello! I'm Shanice." She said reaching out to shake my hand and then Tyrone's.

"I'm Tyrone, and this is my girlfriend - " He said shook her hand back.

"Tyrone Black...look at you." She grinned.

"Shanice!?" Tyrone asked confused.

"How have you been?" Shanice said as she reached in to hug Tyrone.

"I've been good...how about you?" Tyrone asked her.

"I've been amazing."

"When did you move to California?"

"Last year." She said as she brushed of nonexistent dust off of her skirt.

"Wow. Its been that long?" Tyrone asked.

"You two know each other?" I started to ask.

"Yeah-" Shanice cut Tyrone off.

"I'm sorry...and your name is?" Shanice asked as she reached out to grab my hand.

"I'm China." I said with a fake smile.

"This is my girlfriend China, we're looking to buy this house." Tyrone said to Shanice. It seemed as if he no longer wanted to be there.

"House? Together? Aha." Shanice said snidely

I looked at Tyrone. He was going to say something but Shanice interupted again.

"Well lets get started." Shanice led the way.

I pulled Tyrone back and whispered in his ear , "What the hell is going on?" I asked him.

"Tell you later..."

As she showed us the different rooms of the house I could feel her eyes burning in the back of my neck. I even caught her glancing at Tyrone's butt a few times. 

Shanice showed us the whole house. It was perfect. After we finished looking at the house we went outside and went over paper work.