Chapter 2

Jarrod blew smoke into my face. I stood still; I was paralyzed. He snatched his phone out of my hand and took another hit from his blunt. He stared dead into my eyes. I stared back, still unable to move. He walked out of the bathroom and slammed the door. I stood in the same position, my heartbeat increasing and my breating became short. I let out a big sigh, went to the sink and splashed water on my face.

I walked into the kitchen and saw Jarrod's mom, Pamela, handing J.J a juice box. India was sitting in her high chair eating sliced bananas next to Jarod.

"Goodmorning" I said walking over and kissing my babies.

"Goodmonin' baby." Jarrod's mom said back to me.

I walked over to Jarrod and kissed him on his forhead. He continued to eat his big breakfast, avoiding all eye contact with me. I went over to the island and made myself a plate with pancakes, turkey bacon, avacado, and strawberries. I placed some strawberries on Indias highchair for her and sat down next to Jarrod.

"How'd you sleep babe?" I asked him.

"Good." He said finishing the last bite.

He got up, put his plate in the sink and went into the kitchen.

"So how's the book coming along mommy?" Jarrods mom said to me, trying to make conversation in this awkward situation.

"It's coming along. I'm going to talk to an editor tomorrow."

Jarrods mom came over and sat down at the other end of the table. She watched me eat my breakfast.

"These pancakes are great mom!" I complimented her.

"Is everything alright you you and Jody?" She asked me.

Jody was her nickname for Jarrod.

"Yeah everythings fine! You know we love eachother through whatever. " I told her, stuffing my face with a strawberry.

"Why?" I asked her.

"He seems a little bit upset this morning."

"All is well mom, no worries." I got up and put my dish in the sink.

I could see his mom shaking her head from the corner of my eye. I picked up India and kissed her.

"Lets go mess with daddy." I said to her.

She smiled at me. She was the spitting image of Jarrod. Same beautiful dark chocolate skin, dimples, and breath taking smile. 

I walked into the family room and Jarrod was on the phone.

"Alright Keith. I'll meet you there in 30minutes..alright...cool..nahh..alright bruh. See you then." He hung up the phone and walked away, still avoiding eye contact with me.