Chapter 15

I don't know why, but it took so much out of me to get out of the car and go to Tyrone's house. I sat outside his house thinking. I thought about how he had been the man in my life for the past week. I thought about how I was about to go in there and meet his kids and introduce him to mine. I thought about how he could probably have feelings for me. I thought about how Jarrod's relationship with me and the kids was going downhill. I thought about how happy I was when I was with Tyrone. That's what gave me the power to get up and walk up to his house. I grabbed my mini Louis Vuitton duffel bag that had our extra change of clothes and a case of wine coolers I picked up on the way because I thought it was tacky to come to events and not bring anything. I held my kids hands. India on my left, Jarrod Junior on my right. I took a deep breath and waited a few seconds to ring the door bell but Jarrod Junior was so excited he beat me to it and started ringing the door bell over and over again. A tall skinny girl came to the door. She looked like Tyrone but she had feminine features. She had curly hair that was wet and tied into a bun. She wore a pink bikini top and black water shorts.  There was another girl with her. I assumed she was her friend from school. She had dark chocolate skin, she was on the thick side but she wasn't fat. She wore a one piece bathing suite and a flower in her curly wet hair. 

"Hey, you're....China right?" She asked me smiling just like Tyrone. 

"That would be me." I said smiling back at her. 

"I'm Tyanna...and this is my friend Lauren."

"Nice to meet you girls." I was waiting for her to let me in.

"Oh, Come in, my dads in the back finishing up the ribs...Are these your kids?" She asked me looking up and down like we were the same age. 

"Yeah, this is India and this is Jarrod Junior." 

"They're adorable!" She said grabbing Jarrod Juniors hand. "Can I take them to the pool? We have floaties and life vests in the back. I think my dad bought them for your kids."She laughed. 

"Yeah go on ahead." I told her. Lauren picked up India and they went to the backyard and got in the pool. 

I put the duffel bag in the living room and took the wine coolers to the back. It felt different being at Tyrone's house under different circumstances. 

I saw Tyrone out back under a shaded area BBQing. He was talking and laughing with a boy who stood about 6'3. He had washboard abs and muscles. He looked like a younger version of Tyrone. A spitting image of his younger years. I assumed off the back that was his son. A short girl who stood about 5'4 with a long black weave and blonde streaks had his arms wrapped around him. She had a purple and blue striped two piece bikini and a beach skirt around her waist. She was dark skinned and she had almond shaped eyes. She had thick legs, but she had a toned stomach. She was a very cute girl. They laughed and joked with Tyrone like everything in the world was just peachy as they watched. It warmed my heart. I wish my life was as happy. 

I walked over to Tyrone and he looked like he was a deer caught in head lights. He checked out my body and looked deep into my eyes. He broke out of his trance and said, "China! I'm glad you could make it!" He reached for me and gave me a hug as he rubbed his hands up and down my back. Tingles ran through my body as I released from his hug. "I wouldn't have missed it! Thanks for inviting me." I said to him.

"China this is my son Tyrique and his girlfriend Diamond from Spelman." I shook both of their hands.

"I've heard a lot about you Ms.China." Tyrique said to me. He looked even more like Tyrone up close, except he had green eyes. I wonder where those came from. 

"Really now? I've heard a lot of good things about you too." I said to him smiling. 

"I hope they're all good things." He said to me as he flashed a look to his dad.