Chapter 26

The plane touched down at Orlando International Airport. The kids were so excited to be there. I had this uneasiness in my stomach. I had so many unwanted memories in Florida. I thought about turning back and just buying our plane tickets back to California but that would be selfish. We weren't here for me. We were here for J.J's fifth birthday. When we walked outside there was a black Hummer, with black tinted windows and black rims with a sign on it that said McKinney on it. I walked over to the Hummer.

"Hi,I'm China McKinney."

"Oh good. I was sent to pick you up here by Jarrod McKinney."  My hear dropped at the sound of his name but I just shook it off.

"Where will you be taking me?" I asked.

"I was told to take you to the Disney Resort hotel. I have all your information and what not waiting for you in the truck. Are those all your bags?" The man asked.

"Yes, and thank you."

He opened the door for me and the kids and I watched him put our stuff into the truck. When we got into the truck there were five gifts and flowers. Two for both of the kids and one for me. I handed India and J.J their presents which were clearly from Jarrod.  I helped them open their gifts. Each of them got an outfit and a toy. I opened up my gift which was a pink and gold tennis bracelet with heart shaped diamonds. A tear almost fell from my eye. There was a note inside. I opened it and read it. 

Dear China, 

I know this weekend is about our baby boy, but I also want to make it about us. I want to prove to you that I'm a changed man. I want to show you that I can love you better. I still love you, and I'm still in love with you. I'm going to make this the best weekend you and the kids have ever had. I love you and I can't wait to see you again. Enjoy everything I have waiting for you and the kids at the hotel. I will see you later.

I closed the letter and looked out the window.

"Are we going to see daddy now?" J.J asked. 

"Not yet baby, maybe later." 

We arrived to the hotel. I checked in and they told me that there was a penthouse suite witing for me, equipt with everything Disney. The kids were so excited. When I opened the hotel door there were gifts everywhere and a chef in the kitchen cooking. 

"You must be Ms. McKinney." The chef said greeting me. "I hope you like chicken parmesan, alfredo, cesar salad, and garlic bread." The chef was a midde aged man who had a chubby face and a funny accent. 

"Sure do. It smells great in here. Thank you."

"Don't thank me ma'am. Thank your husband." He winked at me.

The kids shared their own room, and I had a Disney master bed room. I put their clothes away and gave them each a fruit before dinner was ready. I also let them have their fun with whatever gifts Jarrod had there for them. I walked into the master suite. There was a bag from Saks 5th Ave, a Christian Louboutin shoe box and a bag from Victorias Secret as well as another note and flowers.