Chapter 17

Its been two months since I've seen or talked to Jarrod. He used to blow up my phone 24/7 but I disconnected that phone and got a new number and service. I felt bad that I was putting my kids through this but it wasn't my fault. I had been spending a lot of time with Tyrone. He actually let my kids and I stay at his house when he found out that I was staying in a hotel for about a month. I didn't want to tell him because I didn't want to trouble him, but I'm glad he took me in. Tyrique and Diamond were at Tyrones for the weekend and when Tyrone insited on taking me out to dinner that night they agreed to watch J.J and India. 

"I'm glad you've finally come to your senses." Tyrone said taking my hand and helping me up the stairs to the resturant. 

I didn't say anything. I just faked a smile.

We got seated and ordered our food. As we talked and caught up with eachother. I ended up bringing up an issue I never thought I'd hear myself say. 

"Tyrone..."

"Whats up?" Tyrone asked me as he picked through his lobster tail. 

"I've been thinking.."

"Thinking about?"

"I've been thinking about getting...a. um..divorce?"

Tyrone looked up from his food. "Are you sure?"

"Yes, Tyrone I'm sure. I've been to hell and back with this relationship. I haven't seen Jarrod in two months and I just don't want to have anything to do with him anymore. I can't keep living like this."

"I support you China."

The drive back to Tyrones house was quiet. All I could think about was going through the divorce with Jarrod. When we arrived to Tyrones J.J and India were asleep and Tyrique fell asleep on Diamonds lap while watching Baby Boy. 

"The babies are asleep." She whispered to me as she tried to wake up Tyrique to get him to bed. 

"Thanks Diamond." I flashed her a smile.

She finally got Tyrique to wake up and he was drunk with sleep. He was tripping and knocking stuff over. She had to hold his hand to avoid him hurting himself. I laughed at the sight.

I went into Tyrones room because he insisted thats where I should sleep while he slept in another room in his house.  I changed into some sweat pants from PINK by Victorias Secret and a tank top. When I came back into the living room Tyrone was sitting on the couch with his shirt of watching the news. 

"CHINA!" he yelled.

"I'm right here Tyrone whats up?" I asked him

"Come here...come quick!" 

I walked quickly into the living room. Tyrone was pointing to the t.v screen.

There was a video of Tyrone shooting at a car that drove by infront of a liquor store. 

"Jarrod McKinney aka "The Drug Lord of the South" was caught shooting at a black on black Escalade here in Orlando. The person in the Escalade got out of car and started to shoot back. We are unsure as to who the second person is but we are on the hunt for him as well. It was said that McKinney shot first. We are positive that this dispute is drug related. Jarrod McKinney is armed and dangerous and we must find him. We have been after him for many years. If you have any information as to him and or his families where abouts please contact us at 555-9378. It will be anonymous. Thank you." A police officer said at the crime scene. I saw Jarrods car in the background. It was being searched by cops and dogs. 

My heart dropped. I didn't even realize that I was crying until I felt warm liquid drip down my neck. I didn't know how I was feeling. Tyrone came up to me and tried to comfort me. He put his arms around me and embraced me. I burried my face into his chest and started sobbing.