Chapter 26: It's OCD Alright

Lord Death POV

I carried Kid home and carefully tucked him in his bed so he wouldn't wake up. I brushed his bangs out of his eyes and softly kissed his forehead. I then kneeled down beside his bed and laid my head by his. I stroked the back of his hair while he slept. His eyes twitched a little. I laid my forehead against his while I patted his hair. I thought about what Marie had said, about Kid having OCD. I doubted that was the answer, but it was still a possibility.

I must have zoned out because when I looked back at Kid he was laying on my arm and holding onto it. I smiled and lightly hugged him. He woke up just then and looked up at me.

"P-Papa?" he said groggily.
"I'm here Kiddo." I said softly. He looked at me with his beautiful golden eyes. Then he got on his knees and crawled closer to me. I picked him up and sat on the floor against the bed. I put him in my lap so he was facing me.

I put his hands in mine and held them in front of me. His hands were so small. I held them tightly. Kid looked up at me. He still looked tired, even after how much he's been sleeping.

"Kiddo, are you feeling ok? You've been sleeping a lot lately."
"Yeah Papa. I'm just tired."
"That's what I'm worrying about." I pulled his face close to mine and kissed his nose. I laid him down on my lap so he could try to get some more sleep.

Maybe he did have OCD. Maybe that's why he's so tired, because it's giving him anxiety about things being off-balance. I got his pillow from his bed and put it on my lap for him to lay on. I put my arms around him so he was comfortable. He pulled himself close to me and held my cloak. I stroked his cheek with my thumb and watched as he fell asleep again. I just sat there with my tired little boy in my arms. Eventually I had to get up, but he was still sleeping. I knew if I tucked him in bed he would wake up, so I scooched his body onto the pillow and put my arm underneath his legs. I went downstairs, still carrying him. There was nothing I could do that wouldn't wake him up, so I decided to just sit outside on the porch while he slept.

I sat down on the step and shifted Kid so he was more comfortable. I looked down at my little boy. His cheeks were bright pink. His eyes twitched a little. I rubbed his face with the back of my hand as he slept peacefully. At least, he was peaceful.

He started to stir a bit, then his eyes twitched more and more. His fists tightened and and shook.
"The balance... the symmetry!" he mumbled softly. "It's imp-perfect!" Then he started breathing heavily, then had a hard time catching his breath. I shook him gently to try to wake him up.

"Kid, Kiddo wake up! Come on Kiddo, you have to wake up!" i said to him. His eyes popped open and tears started flowing out of them. He started panting hard. He fell out of my lap and onto the ground so he was laying on his stomach. His hands laid by his side as he shook from crying. I quickly got up and went to him. I picked him up and and held him to my shoulder. He was still breathing heavily, so I patted his back while he cried. I went back inside and rushed to his room. I set him down on the bed. I put his pillow behind his back and and sat in front of him. I stroked his hair while he continued to cry. Eventually he calmed down enough to breathe easier, which relieved the both of us. Now he was just whimpering and sniffling as he calmed down more.

He stared down at the bed. I put my hand on his knee and he looked up at me. I gave him a crooked smile as he put his hand on top of mine. Then he got on his knees and and walked over to me. He then leaned into my arm and hugged me tightly.

I just kissed the top of his head and hugged my sweet little boy back.