Chapter 30: First Night Back Home

Kid POV

After lunch we all started to head back to Gallows Manor. I guess Luna was starting to get tired because she started to slow down a little bit. I turned and looked at her.
"You ok?" I asked her.
"Yup! Just fine!" She said smiling. Her eyes were a little droopy and she yawned. I smiled and walked over to her.
"Put your arms around my neck." I said to her
"Why?" She asked curiously.
"Just do it."
She did and I grabbed behind her legs and lifted her. I heard her take a sharp intake of breath as I did so.
"Kiddo, what are you doing?" She asked giggling a little.
"I'm carrying you home. Fall asleep if you want, I know you're tired." I said to her softly.
"Thank you Kiddo-kun." She whispered as she held me close.

Luna POV
I hugged Kiddo as he held me on his back. He kissed my hands and carried me home. I laid my head on his warm neck. I tried to keep myself from falling asleep, but Kid walked so rhythmically, and he was so warm. Every time my eyes closed they felt heavy. Eventually I dozed off against Kid.

A little later, I'm not sure how much later because I was asleep, but I'm guessing not that long because we were still walking. I kept my eyes closed hoping I could fall back asleep. After a few minutes I felt Kid walking up some steps. I guessed we were home at Gallows Manor. I heard him and Liz and Patty softly say a goodbye to Dad and Stein and open the doors.

"Ah, it's good to be home!" Patty said giggling.
"Shh Patty! Keep it down! Luna's sleeping!"
"Oh right! Sorry!" She whispered.
"Don't worry about it. I'm going to put her to bed right now." Kid said. Put me to bed? Did he keep my bed?
"But Kid, didn't you have to get a new bed because the other one was too small? Where is she going to sleep?" Liz asked. That's what I thought.
"I guess she can just sleep in my bed until we get her room fixed up." Kid said. It was then I fell back asleep. I woke up in Kid's bed with the covers pulled up to my shoulders. I slowly sat up and looked at Kid who was putting on a white t-shirt. He turned around and looked at me smiling. I smiled back.

"I thought you were sleeping." He said quietly.
"I thought I was too." I replied jokingly. Kid walked over and crawled into bed next to me. He put his arm around me and kissed my forehead. I laid my head on his heart and put my hand on his chest. I felt his chest slowly go up and down with every breath he took. He smelled good, like sweetness and spice mixed together to create a pleasant aroma. I closed my eyes in attempt to fall asleep, but Kid beat me to it. I heard his breathing become deeper and softer, but he kept a tight grip around my shoulder. Eventually I fell asleep nuzzled into his chest, my last words whispered,

"Good night Kiddo-kun."