Chapter Two

Niall's POV

I slammed the button on my alarm clock, nearly knocking it over. Groaning, I rolled out of bed and landed on the floor with a thud. "Ni?" Greg poked his head through the door.

"What?" I grumbled.

"Come on," he sighed, walking towards me and helping me up.

"I don't feel well," I whined. "Can I stay home?"

"No, do you know how angry mum would be if she found out I let you stay home and you weren't even sick? Missing anymore classes isn't going to help you, either," Greg said.

"Whatever," I walked over to my closet and got out a random pair of sweats and a white long sleeve V-neck, not really caring about my appearance for the day. I went into the bathroom and shut the door, turning on the shower.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The day seemed to drag on, and by the time I got to Physics, I felt like my brain was going to explode. Mrs. Lee was going on about electromagnetism, which I had no interest in learning about. My iPod had died during Maths, leaving me with no choice but to pay slight attention to what she was saying. "The electromagnetic force is one of the four fundamental interactions in nature, as most of you already know..."

Screw this, I thought, opening my notebook to a clean page and starting a new sketch. I've always liked music and art. On my tenth birthday, my father bought me a guitar. I haven't stopped playing since then. I also like to sing, but my voice isn't any good.

"Niall, would you like to summarize everything I just said?" Mrs. Lee asked from the front of the classroom. The class was silent and everyone's eyes were on me. The last bell rang, signaling that it was the end of the day.

"Saved by the bell," she said, looking directly at me. "Remember to complete the energy flow diagram for homework!"

I grabbed my things, putting them in my book bag, and tried to sneak out of the classroom, quickly. "Niall," Mrs. Lee sat down behind her desk. "It has come to my attention that you are failing my class. I think it would be in your best interest if you had a tutor. I can set up a day and time for you to meet with one of my honors students, if you'd like."

I stared at her, not sure of what to say. I eventually gathered my thoughts and opened my mouth to speak, "I guess that would be fine."

"Good," she smiled. "I'll let you know tomorrow when you're first meeting will be."

"Okay, thank you," I adjusted my bag on my shoulder and walked out of the room. What did I just get myself into?

Harry's POV

"Harry," Caroline whined, pulling on the sleeve of my shirt.

I sighed, turning my attention to her, "What is it?"

"Did you hear anything I just said?" she asked, crossing her arms.

"Yes, you want to do something special this weekend," I continued to walk towards my car.

"So, any ideas?" I unlocked the car, and she got in, putting her bag on her lap.

"I'll figure something out," I said, getting in as well and starting the ignition. Caroline and I had been dating for three months now. When we first met, I thought she was a pretty nice girl, attractive too, but she expects way too much out of me. Her voice began to fade as my thoughts wandered to a certain blonde lad. I need to find out his name. His accent is Irish, so he's obviously not from here. I pulled up in front of Caroline's house and she got out, slamming the door. I stared after her, wide eyed. Great, she's angry again.

I sat in the car for a few minutes, deciding against going after her and risking making it worse. I drove straight down the road, then made a right turn. I turned on the radio, and hummed along to the song.

I should've bought you flowers

And held your hand

Should've gave you all my hours

When I had the chance

Take you to every party

Cuz all you wanted to do was dance

Now my baby's dancing

But she's dancing with another man

I parked in my driveway and stepped out of the car. My phone vibrated in my pocket as I walked through the front door.

From: The Tommo

Don't forget about practice tomorrow morning xx

I groaned, thinking about how much homework I had. I went to my room and kicked off my shoes, dropping my book bag on my desk. I took a quick shower, changing into a pair of sweats, and got a head start on my English paper.

-------------------------------------

By 11 o'clock, I had the entire paper finished, along with 40 math problems that I solved half-heartedly. I put everything away and dragged myself over to my bed. "Can I come in?" My mum asked, knocking on the door.

"Yeah," I said, sleepily.

"Hi, love," she sat at the edge of my bed. "How was your day?"

"Good," I smiled. "I'm really tired, though. Are you sure you and dad can't come to my game tomorrow?"

She sighed, "I'm sorry, Harry. We've been so busy with work lately-," she started.

"Save it, mum," I mumbled. "I'm going to sleep. Goodnight," I switched the lamp on my nightstand off and pulled the covers over me. I turned so that my back was to her waited until she left the room. When I heard the door shut, I sat up, rubbing my hand over my face. I set the alarm on my phone for 5:00 am, and layed back down. I closed my eyes, falling asleep with so many thoughts racing through my mind.

A/N:

I know, it's pretty short. Once the actual conflict sets in, there'll be more to read. c:

-Kari