Chapter Thirteen

Harry's POV

I walked out of the school with Niall, who was gripping my hand tightly. Ever since we met up this morning, he's been clinging to me like a baby koala. Not that I'm complaning, but I hadn't seen him this way in a while. I could tell he felt bad about snapping at me last night over the phone and I told him several times that it was okay, because it honestly was. I wasn't upset. I understood why he reacted the way he did. I glanced over at him, just in time to catch him staring at me. Niall's cheeks were tainted a light pink and he looked away, quickly. I stopped, capturing his lips in between mine. He hung his arms around my neck, responding eagerly. "Save it for tonight," I mumbled, kissing him once more before pulling away and continuing to walk. 

"What's happening tonight?" Niall asked, cheekily. A light cough caught my attention and I turned around. 

"Hunter," Niall smiled, widely. "What's up?"

"Can I talk to your for a minute?" the lad, supposedly named Hunter, eyed me, curiously, "Alone."

"Sure," he dropped my hand, following Hunter.

I started the car and waited for Niall to come back. After about ten minutes, I began to grow concerned. Just as I was about to cheek up on him, Niall got in, sending me sideways smile, "Sorry about that."

"It's fine," I said. "What did he say?"

"He wanted to hang out today, but I told him I already had plans, so we exchanged numbers," he buckled his seat belt and rolled down his window.

"Oh," I pulled out of my spot, and drove out of the parking lot. "I've never seen him before."

"Hunter just transferred from Ireland," Niall informed me.

"So, you were mates?" I inquired.

"I guess you could say that," he mumbled. "He was my boyfriend." 

I gripped the steering wheel, tightly, and nodded. Niall turned on the radio, humming along to Imagine Dragons. We arrived at my house faster than I expected, surprised to see my mum's car parked in the driveway.

"You didn't tell me your parents were going to be home!" Niall panicked.

I sighed, "It's just my mum."

He groaned, following me to the front door, "Still!"

The door was unlocked, so I pushed it open, looking around. My mum was sitting in the living room, reading a magazine, "What are you doing home?"

"Oh, Harry," she stood up. "I took the day off. Who is this?"

"This is Niall," I gestured towards the fidgeting blonde beside me. "He's staying the night."

She sighed, "I was hoping that you and I could do something tonight."

"I can go," Niall suggested. "It won't be a problem."

I gave him a stern look, "No, you aren't going anywhere."

My mum cleared her throat, avoiding eye contact, "Alright, then."

I guided Niall up the stairs without another word to her. I fell onto my bed with a grunt, suddenly feeling mentally exhausted. "Babe," Niall mumbled, sitting down. "Why are you so upset? Your mum was just trying to be nice."

I snorted, "I could care less. I'm not mad about that."

"Something's clearly bothering you," Niall pressed. "It's Hunter, isn't it?" I continued to stare at the ceiling, twiddling my thumbs. "You have to trust me as much as I trust you. Whatever happened in Ireland, stays back in Ireland. I've already made it clear to Hunter that I'm in a relationship and only interested in being mates."