Chapter Eleven

Harry's POV

To put it simply, practice yesterday was one of the worst experiences of my life. Coach pulled Jason and I aside to lecture us about Monday night and I can't say that I remember anything that came out of his mouth. Afterwards, we had to run laps for the two and a half hours remaining. Liam had sent me a text last night saying that he was giving Niall a ride to school, so I slept in. It didn't help at all, though. I trudged to my locker, trying to ignore the aching in my body. 

"Are you planning on ignoring me forever?" Caroline leaned on the locker next to mine.

"Until I come up with a better plan, yes," I said, getting my Physics textbook.

She sighed, "I can't take care of this baby by myself, Harry."

"Look Caroline, I'm sorry, but I'm almost completely positive that it's not my baby. Maybe you should check in with Jason," I put my hand on her shoulder, gently.

"He wouldn't take responsibility for it," Caroline was close to crying and I pulled her in for a hug. 

"Just give it a try," I whispered, kissing her cheek. 

Caroline nodded, wiping away her tears, "Thanks."

"Are you going to be okay?" I asked, concerned. 

"Yeah," she sniffled. "Can you walk me to class?"

"Sure," I shut my locker and walked beside her. "Do your parents know yet?"

"No," Caroline stopped in front of the classroom door. "I don't know how to tell them. My dad is going to kill me."

"You'll figure it out," I smiled.

"Haz!" Niall appeared beside me, eyeing Caroline suspiciously.

"Hey baby," I kissed his cheek.

"Hi Niall," Caroline waved.

"Hi," he mumbled.

"Be nice," I whispered in his ear. He rolled his eyes, staying quiet.

"Well, I'll see you around," she walked into class and I wrapped my arm around Niall's waist.

"Are you friends with her now?" Niall inquired.

"No," I said, guiding him down the hallway.

"So, you walked her to class for no reason?" he countered.

"You're cute when you're jealous," I pinned him against the wall next to the art room.

Niall frowned, "I'm being serious."

"She's going through a rough time right now. I'm not going to turn my back on her, " I said.

He sighed, pulling the string on my hoodie, "I worry, you know."

"Why?" I asked, gripping his waist.

"You could decide that you'd rather be with Caroline," Niall's voice was barely audible.

I kissed him before speaking, "I don't want to hear any of that. There isn't any decision that I have to make. You're it."

Niall blushed and pecked my lips, "Do you have practice today?"

I shook my head, "Nope."

"Wanna do something after school?" Niall bit his lip, looking at the ground.

"Don't be shy, love," I chuckled. "Yeah, I have something in mind." I pulled out my phone, checking the time, "I've gotta go. The bell's going to ring in a minute."

He kissed me once more and we parted ways. I hated not being completely honest with Niall, but I didn't want him to make a big deal about the situation. Caroline's baby isn't mine, but I'm not enough of an arse to leave her without moral support. Sure, we'd had our differences and our relationship didn't work out, but she was still a decent mate. 

"Styles!" Jason yelled. The hallway was nearly empty and I knew I would be late to class.

"What?" I stopped in front of him, tapping my foot impatiently.

"I just thought I'd let you know that you should keep an eye out for your boy toy," he said.

"What the hell are you on about?" I questioned him.

"I can't say anything more," Jason backed away, turning on his heel. "I'm only doing you a favor."

What? I jogged into Mrs. Lee's classroom, utterly confused. Why would he say that? Is he trying to warn me about something? I took my usual seat next to Zayn, who was busy tapping away at his phone. He looked up at me and asked, "Have you heard about the new students coming in from Ireland? They were apparently expelled from their old school."

"You can't always believe the rumors, Z," I laughed, letting my worries slip away for the moment.

Zayn nodded, "True."

"I'm proud of you, by the way," I punched his arm, lightly.

"What for?" he tilted his head.

"Basically coming out in front of the whole school," I said, pulling out my notebook.

He smiled, "It was worth it. I'd do anything for Liam."

"I know what you mean," I slouched against the back of the seat. "I haven't known Niall for nearly as long as you've known Liam, but I feel like I'd do anything to make sure he's safe."

"He's got you whipped," Zayn teased. 

I smacked the back of his head, "Look who's talking."

---------------

I spotted Niall, Zayn, and Liam gathered in the parking lot. Justin was among them, and I approached them, curiously. 

"I'm definitely calling you leprechaun from now on, Niall," Justin chuckled.

Niall groaned, shoving him, playfully, "Stop."

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry," Justin pinched his cheeks and Niall slapped his hands away.

"Hello," I greeted them all, sliding my hands into my front pockets.

"Hi Harry," Justin smiled, his eyes shining in the sun. "I haven't seen you in a while."

"Yeah," I nodded, scanning the area. Jason was watching us along with another lad I don't recall seeing before. He smirked, nudging his arm and they walked away from the building. I took Niall's hand in mine, pulling him next to me.

"Are you okay, Haz?" Niall asked, his eyes filled with concern.

"I want you close to me s'all," I kissed the side of his forehead.

He laughed, "Whatever you say."

I tried my best to give him a reassuring smile, "Let's go, yeah? We'll see you lads tomorrow."

"Bye," they all said in unison.

"Do mind if we go back to my house? I'll cook for you," I said, getting into the car.

Niall did the same and buckled his seat belt, "Sounds great."

Niall's POV

I strolled into the kitchen and rested my head on Harry's shoulder, "It smells fantastic."

He chuckled, "I hope it tastes fantastic."

I kissed his neck, "It will. Your cooking never fails."

"Come on, the meat still needs a few minutes," Harry turned around, taking my hand and guiding me up the stairs. We went into his room and he bent down to get a small box from under his bed.

"What's that?" I asked.

"It's for you," he said, handing it to me.

"My birthday isn't until September, you loon," I laughed. 

"Just open the box, Ni," Harry pressed.

I sighed, taking the lid off of the box. I stared at the brand new phone, unsure of what to say, "Harry, I can't accept this."

"Of course you can," Harry took it out of the box. "I already put a few important numbers in there for you."

"You're absolutely insane," I held the fairly light object in my hand and pressed the home button. I set it down on the bed and flung myself into his arms, "Thank you."

"You're welcome," Harry hugged me tightly and I nuzzled my face into the crook of his neck. "Now I don't have to worry about you all the time."

I pulled back, "Why would you be worrying about me?"

He shrugged, "I just do. I'm going to finish up the tacos."

I followed him down the stairs and into the kitchen. I slid onto the counter, swinging my legs back and forth. Harry's eyebrows were furrowed and he was clearly thinking hard about something. If I say anything about it he isn't going to tell me a thing. He always expects me to be honest with him, but if I ask him about how he's feeling, he always brushes it off. I don't want our relationship to surround me and my problems. I know that he has a hard time too. Harry reached behind me to get plates and I played with one of the curls sticking out from his head, "Harry?"

"Yeah?" he began working on fixing up our tacos. 

"Do you trust me?" I asked him.

Harry paused, looking up at me, "Of course I do. Why would you ask that?"

"It's just that you never tell me when you're upset or if something's troubling you," I mumbled. "I'm not the only one with problems."

"If there was something actually bothering me, I would tell you," Harry said. 

"Fine," I huffed, taking my plate and walking to the island. I sat down, breaking off a piece of the taco shell and nibbling on it. 

"Ni," Harry intertwined our fingers over the marble table. "Don't be upset."

"I'm not," I lied, pulling my hand away.

Harry let the subject drop and we ate silently. He put our dirty plates in the dishwasher and we went back to his room. He laid down on his bed, resting his hands on his stomach. 

"Thanks," I sat down on the opposite side.

Harry hummed, starting up at the ceiling. He grabbed my phone and unlocked it, "Com'ere."

I crawled over next to him, and he pointed to his cheek. I smiled, pressing my lips against his skin. I heard the click of a camera and I turned my head, "What are you doing?"

"Hold on," Harry tapped on the screen a few times and locked my phone. I got it out of his grasp and looked at the lock screen. He had taken a picture of me kissing his cheek. I chuckled, admiring the moment.

"There's the smile that I love," Harry caressed my cheek.

I laid down on my side, facing Harry. I got as close as possible and slid one of my legs in between his, "I just want you to be able to tell me how you feel."

"Well," he kissed my lips, gently. "Right now I'm happier than I have been in a while."

"Stop lying," I muttered.

Harry grazed his fingers down my arm, "I'm not lying. You're perfect and being with you makes me feel complete."

I covered my face with my hands, rolling over so that my back was to him. Harry tickled my sides and I let out an unmanly giggle. He pulled back and when I looked at him, he was smiling widely, "That was adorable."

I glared at him and smacked his chest, playfully, "Don't be mean to me."

"I'm sorry, baby," Harry pouted, leaning in to kiss me.

I turned my head and his lips hit my jaw, "No."

Harry peppered kisses all over my far and I squirmed, trying to sit up. I gave in eventually, letting him have his way. My lips moved slowly against Harry's, his fingers running through my hair.

Harry attached his lips to my neck and sucked on the sensitive skin. I moaned, touching the most likely marked area. "Now everyone will know that you're taken," he whispered. "Forgive me?"

"You were forgiven 5 minutes ago," I chuckled, poking his nose.

"I think you've made it a habit to poke my face," Harry pointed out.

"It's pokeable," I said, I playing around with my phone. I tapped on the contacts app and snorted, "My delicious Hazza?"

"I am," he winked.

I smirked, "Only mine?"

"Only yours," Harry agreed, standing up. "I need to take you home. We have school tomorrow." 

I grunted, not moving from my laying position, "Carry me." 

I wrapped my arms around his neck and he picked me up, easily, "You're a big baby today."

After we managed to squeeze through the front door, Harry set me down so I could get into the car. Once we were situated, I turned on the radio. Harry tapped his fingers on the steering wheel, singing along. 

Weep for yourself, my man

You'll never be what is in your heart

Weep, little lion man

You're not as brave as you were at the start

Rate yourself and take yourself

Take all the courage you have left

Wasted on fixing all the problems that you made in your own head

But it was not your fault, but mine

And it was your heart on the line

I really fucked it up this time 

Didn't I, my dear?

Didn't I, my dear?

I smiled, joining him for the second verse.

Tremble for yourself, my man

You know that you have seen this all before

Tremble, little lion man

You'll never settle any if your scores

Your grace is wasted in your face

Your boldness stands along among the wreck

Now learn from your mother or else spend your days biting your own neck

But it was not your fault, but mine

And it was your heart on the line

I really fucked it up this time

Didn't I my dear?

But it was not your fault, but mine

And it was your heart on the line

I really fucked it up this time

Didn't I, my dear?

Didn't I, my dear?

But it was not your fault, but mine 

And it was your heart on the line

I really fucked it up this time

Didn't I, my dear?

But it was not your fault, but mine

And it was your heart on the line

I really fucked it up this time

Didn't I, my dear?

Didn't I, my dear?

"Why haven't you sung for me before?" Harry asked with a shocked expression.

I shrugged, "My voice isn't that great."

"Are you kidding? You sounded bloody brilliant," he got out of the car and went to get my book bag out of the back seat.

"Leave it there," I pulled him backwards, nibbling on his neck slightly. "My mum isn't home."

"Oh, really now?" Harry breathed, turning to look at me.

"Mhm," I grazed my hand over his crotch, suggestively and jogged to the front door. It was already unlocked, so I simply turned the knob, allowing us entrance. 

Harry shut the door behind us, forcefully and squeezed my hips, "Bedroom?"

I nodded and we stumbled up the stairs, trying to get a head start on removing our clothing. I ripped my shirt off, throwing it across the room. Harry was fully naked in record speed, helping me get rid of the itchy fabric that was constricting my lower region. He kissed me, pushing be backwards until I landed on the bed. I gasped at the friction between us, "I want you."

Harry stared down at me, his eyes darkened with lust, "How much do you want me?"

"So fucking much," I moaned as Harry took my length in his hand, pumping it slowly. 

"Where are the condoms?" he pressed a light kiss to my stomach.

"No, don't worry about that. I want to feel you inside of me," I flipped over so that I was on my hands and knees. I felt the tip of Harry's cock at my entrance and I mentally prepared myself for the pain. He pushed in fully, faster than I expected, and instantly hit the spot. My arms shook, causing me to fall into the sheets. I gripped them tightly as he pounded into me, "Fuck me, Haz."

"God, you're still so tight," Harry panted against my neck.

I struggled to catch my breath, "Harder, Harry! I'm close."

"Me too, baby," his teeth grazed down my back and I nearly lost all self-control. I spilled onto the sheets, breathing in sharply when I felt him fill me up. Harry pulled his length out of me and I let my whole body fall flat. He laid down on his back, his breath staggered, "I should go."

"No," I protested. "Stay with me."

"I don't have any clothes," Harry wiped the sweat off of his forehead.

I forced myself to move, laying on his chest, "I'll lend you a pair of sweats or something."

Harry cupped the side of my face, kissing my lips, "Okay."

I think I love you, I thought. What? No. I can't love Harry.

"Are you alright, love?" he asked, pressing his lips against my forehead.

"Yeah," I sighed. "Everything's perfect."

Harry hummed, switching off the lamp on the nightstand, "Go to sleep."

I yawned, pulling the covers over our bodies, "Goodnight."

"Night," Harry kissed the top of my head. Yeah, I definitely love you.

A/N:

Hey guys, leave a comment and vote! It really keeps me motivated knowing that there are actually people enjoying this story. Thanks x