Chapter Fourteen

Harry's POV

I woke up with Niall pressed against my chest, secure in my arms. He looked so peaceful in his sleep; almost like a child. I pressed my lips to his and he stirred. His eyes fluttered open and he smiled, "Morning, Haz."

I rolled on top of him, "Good morning, beautiful."

Niall blushed, pecking my lips, "What time is it?"

"9:37," I said, pushing myself up. "Do you want to go out for breakfast? I'll drive you home afterwards."

He stretched, letting out a yawn, "Sure."

"Up, up, up!" I pulled him off of the bed by his ankles and he landed on the ground.

"Arse," Niall muttered. "That hurt my bum."

I helped him up,"Want me to kiss it better?" 

He rolled his eyes, walking to the closet, "Cheeky."

I chuckled, going into the bathroom. I brushed my teeth, quickly, and splashed water on my face. I ran my fingers through my hair, attempting to calm my curls. I huffed in frustration, brushing past Niall to change. I heard the bathroom door shut and I threw on a pair of skinny jeans, along with a plaid button up shirt. Familiar arms wrapped around me and I leaned into his touch, "Are you ready to go?"

"Yup," Niall stepped back, turning me around to face him. 

"I like it when you wear my clothes," I said, kissing the corner of his mouth. 

Niall hummed, "They always smell like you."

I laughed, "You're too adorable."

"I'm a guy! I can't be adorable," he whined. "You make me feel so unmanly sometimes."

"I love you," I sang, going to look for my converse and my favorite grey beanie. 

"Yeah, yeah," Niall grumbled, heading downstairs. I made sure I had my phone and wallet before following him. 

From: Zayn Malik

Hey mate, you still up for hanging out today?

To: Zayn Malik 

Yeah, I'll be there at around 12.

Niall pulled the door shut and I got in the car, starting the ignition. Once he was buckled in, I reversed out of the driveway and drove out of my neighborhood.

"I'm hungry," Niall complained.

I smirked, "We're going to a diner about 5 minutes away. You'll survive."

He pouted, "What if I don't?"

"I'm one hundred percent positive that you will."

Niall continued to pout, crossing his arms, childishly. I shook my head, turning on the radio. He occupied himself, singing along to Justin Bieber. I snorted and pulled into a parking spot.

Niall glared at me, "Don't judge."

I raised my hands defensively, "I'm not!"

We got out of the car and he laced his fingers through mine, tugging me towards the Neptune Diner. I held the door open for him and the bell chimed, "Sam!"

Sam looked up from the cash register, "Harry? You haven't been around here for weeks!" 

"Sorry, school's been keeping me busy," I apologized. "This is my boyfriend, Niall."

Niall shook his hand, "Pleasure to meet you."

"He's Irish!" Sam exclaimed. "Keep this one, Haz."

"I wasn't planning on letting him go," I smiled, kissing Niall's cheek.

I led him to a booth right next to the window and Sam set two menus down on the table, "Can I start you lads out with something to drink?"

"I'll have a glass of orange juice," Niall spoke, shyly.

"Make that two, please," I said, politely.

"Sure thing," he walked away, leaving Niall and I alone.

"I gather you come here often?" Niall asked.

I shrugged, "I spent most of my childhood here. Sam is like a second dad to me."

"Oh," he nodded, thoughtfully, picking up the menu. "I have no idea what to get."

Sam came back with our drinks, placing them in front of us, "I'm assuming you want the usual, Harry. What would you like, Niall?"

I answered for him, "He'll have the same, except with the eggs scrambled."

Sam scribbled the order down on his notepad, "Alrighty."

"You remembered," Niall pointed out.

"What kind of boyfriend would I be if I didn't?" 

"The average kind."

---------------

Niall's POV

Harry walked me to the door, stopping to kiss me. I snaked my arms around his neck, pulling him closer, "Thanks for breakfast."

He pecked my lips, "You're welcome. I'll be at Zayn's, so text or call me if you need anything."

I nodded, "I will. Have fun, baby."

"Not without you," Harry winked, walking backwards.

"You'll forget I exist soon enough," I said, unlocking the door.

"Never!" he shouted, getting back into the car.

I chuckled to myself, going inside. I kicked off my Nikes and went up to my room. I immediately received a notification, telling me I had received a text from Harry.

From: My Delicious Hazza

Niall ):

To: My Delicious Hazza

Don't text and drive! 

It vibrated again and I frowned, Someone texts fast.

From: Hunter Jones

Are you busy today? 

Oh. I bit my lip, debating whether I should reply or not. Harry told specifically told me not to be alone with Hunter, but I made no promises. 

To: Hunter Jones

No, why?

From: Hunter Jones

I was thinking we could do something.

To: Hunter Jones

Sure haha. What did you have in mind?

From: Hunter Jones

We'll see ;) Be there in 10 x

This was my mum's weekend off, so she decided to treat herself and spend it at a spa resort. I had absolutely nothing to do, so I didn't see the harm in hanging out with him. I searched all over my room until I found the hair gel. I scooped a small amount onto my fingers and styled the front of my hair into a quiff. Satisfied with my work, I rinsed my hands off in the bathroom and grabbed my phone. 

From: Hunter Jones

I'm here for youuu

To: Hunter Jones

Freak.

I slipped on my Nike hightops and left the house. I locked the door, walking up to Hunter's car and got in, "Hello."

"Hey Nialler," Hunter smiled, driving away once I had my seat belt on. 

I bounced up and down in the seat, "What are we gonna do?"

"I have no freaking idea," he admitted. "Maybe we could go into town and walk around?"

"Okay," I replied. "Have you been exploring?"

"Not much," Hunter said. "I saw the shops when we first got here, so I know about them."

I took in his appearance and snorted, "That's my shirt."

"I know," he sighed, dramatically. "It doesn't smell like you anymore."

I face palmed, "It was my favorite, you know."

"Do you want it back?" Hunter inquired, an eyebrow raised.

I stared out the window, watching the people walk by, "Nah."

Hunter parked the car and we got out, heading towards the town center. "Here," he gave me a penny. 

"Are we really doing this right now?" I chuckled, standing in front of the fountain.

Hunter stuck his tongue out, "Yes."

I closed my eyes and thought for a minute, I wish that Harry will eventually learn to trust Hunter. I threw the coin into the water and watched it sink to the bottom, "What did you wish for?"

Hunter turned bright red, "If I tell you, it won't come true."

"Fair enough," I grabbed his hand, pulling him along. I walked into a random store and went directly to the sunglasses. I picked out a pair and handed them to Hunter, "Try these on."

He handed me one as well, "You have to try these, then."

"Fine," I put them on, cracking up when I looked into the mirror. "They're hideous!"

"That's the point," Hunter stood next to me and opened the camera on his phone. I wrapped my arm around his waist and stuck out my tongue. He snapped a picture of our reflection and posted it on twitter, "Why haven't we tried modeling before?"

I took off the sunglasses and put them back on the rack, "You're so gay."

"I prefer the term, flamboyant," Hunter joked. 

We left the store, taking our time while we strolled down the street. The cold weather was finally beginning to settle in and I mentally groaned, realizing that I didn't have a jacket. "Hunter," I whined.

"Hm?"

I moved closer to him, trying absorb some of his body heat, "I'm cold."

Hunter slipped off his leather jacket, hanging it over my shoulders, "You've never dressed appropriately for the weather. I shouldn't be surprised."

I ignored his comment, stopping in front of the café, "Buy me a hot chocolate, and you're forgiven."

"I figured this was coming," he muttered, holding the door open.

"Look on the bright side, I'm not making you beg on your knees," I said, finding us a table. I sat down and checked my phone.

From: My Delicious Harry

Hey baby, haven't heard from you for a bit. You doing okay?

To: My Delicious Harry

Yeah. What are you and Zayn up to?

"One cup of hot chocolate for Mr. Horan," Hunter spoke in a posh accent, putting the cup down in front of me.

"Thanks," I smiled, taking a sip. It was the perfect temperature; not too hot or too cold. 

"So, I'm forgiven now, right?" he inquired.

"You are, indeed," I confirmed.

Hunter's expression was serious, "Niall, you have to be honest with me about something."

I frowned, "What is it?"

"If you weren't dating Harry, would you give us another chance?"

"I really don't know Hunter," I said, looking out the window. I wasn't expecting him to be so blunt. I didn't lie, though. I truly didn't know. My life would be entirely different if I hadn't met Harry. I may not have been alive.

I shuddered, taking another sip of the warm substance, "Did you love me?"

He laughed, half-heartedly, "Without a doubt. I still do, even if you don't feel the same way."

I stared into his eyes, searching for any sign that he might be lying. Hunter leaned across the table, pressing a kiss to my forehead, "I'm ready to go whenever you are."

I finished the hot chocolate, standing up to throw the cup away. The feeling of his lips on my skin left me with a burning sensation, and I'm not sure if I liked it. As we walked out of the café, I opened my mouth to speak, but was quickly interrupted.

"Niall!" Zayn wrapped his arms around me, squeezing the air out of my lungs.

"Zayn," I struggled in his grip. "You're suffocating me!"

He pulled away, a knowing smile on his face, "Sorry, mate. What are you doing here?"

I shrugged, "Hunter and I were just exploring. He's taking me home now, though."

Harry spoke up, "I can drive you back."

"No, that's okay. You're here with Zayn," I said.

"I'd feel better if you came with me, Ni," he countered.

I exhaled loudly, "Haz, you aren't my guardian. I can handle myself!"

"Hey, it's okay. Just go with him," Hunter hugged me, lightly. "I'll see you at school," he whispered in my ear and kissed my cheek, dangerously close to my lips.

Before I could fully pull away, Harry had Hunter pinned to the brick wall. Zayn automatically rushed to pull him off and I gasped, taking a few steps away. Luckily, the streets were fairly empty for a Saturday, and no one was watching. Hunter slid down the wall, rubbing his neck. I sent a sympathetic look in his direction, approaching him once Zayn had managed to convince Harry to cool off, "God, I'm so sorry."

"He really loves you," Hunter mumbled. "I better get home. My mum needs my help setting up for Claire's party."

"She'll be ten, right?" I asked, helping him up.

He nodded, "She's turning into quite a sassy little lady."

I brushed my fingers across the red finger marks on his neck, "That's going to hurt for a while."

"It's nothing I haven't dealt with before," Hunter reached into his pocket for his keys. I took off his jacket and held it out to him, but he didn't take it, "Keep it."

I turned to see Harry walking back towards me, "Bye."

"See ya."

I clenched my jaw, staring at my boyfriend in disbelief, "What the hell were you thinking? Hunter isn't one for fighting, you could have killed him."

"That's hard to believe considering he beat the living shit out of you before," he snapped, covering his mouth quickly after he realized what he had said. 

"Hunter knows that I'll never forget that day, but I forgave him. I'm trying to move on, and honestly, so should you. I know you care about me, Harry. That's why this bothers you, but you need to accept the fact that I'm not just going to avoid him because you want me to," I said, my voice calmer than I expected. 

"You're right," Harry said. "I'm sorry."

I put Hunter's jacket on, "Sorry doesn't fix everything. I'm walking home, so don't worry about giving me a ride."

"What? That's ridiculous. You don't have to talk to me, just let me take you," Harry pressed.

"Fine," I muttered. "Where's Zayn?"

We walked the short distance to his car and he unlocked it, "We were going to meet Liam at the café, so he went ahead."

I nodded, sliding into the car and remaining silent for the rest of the ride.

Harry's POV

Niall tried to get out of the car, but I quickly locked all of the doors, "Are you mad at me?"

"Yes. Let me out of the car," Niall growled. 

"What does this mean for us?" I asked.

"Nothing," he groaned. "You aren't helping your case right now."

I sighed, "I don't want to leave knowing you're upset with me."

Niall cupped my face in his hands, kissing me, gently, "I love you, okay?"

I pressed another kiss to his lips, "I love you, too."

The words that slipped out of his mouth hit me like a slap in the face, "I think we need to take a break."

My updates are going to be pretty slow for a while. I have too many things going on for the next few weeks, so I won't be able to write as much. Once all that chizz is over, I'll update more frequently. 

Karina x