Chapter Four

Niall's POV

"He was amazing last night! Did you see him score the final goal?" Caroline screeched from behind me.

"Yeah, I mean he is the captain of the team after all," Sarah said, nonchalantly. "You're so lucky to have a boyfriend like Harry."

Caroline sighed, "He's been so distant for the past few days, though."

"Isn't he tutoring that Irish bloke?" Sam asked.

"Yeah, Niall Horan, I think," she said, thoughtfully. "He cancelled our plans after school because he's meeting up with him."

I began walking faster, in hopes that I would get to art class without being noticed. He's the captain of the team? This is unreal. I sat down at my usual empty table near the window with two minutes to spare. Why would he want to be seen with me? I'm invisible, everyone hates me.

"Alright class, we're trying something different today," Mr. Jones hopped up on the front table. "Once your find a partner, I'll explain what the assignment is."

I felt someone tap my shoulder and I looked up, "Do you want to be my partner?"

"You should probably find someone else to work with," I mumbled.

"I'd rather not," he smiled, sitting down next to me. "I'm Liam."

"Niall," I said, smiling slightly.

"Your task will be to get to know your partner," Mr. Jones started. "You will have a week to complete a drawing or painting that describes them."

Great, I thought. Liam turned in his stool to face me, "Why haven't I seen you around before?"

"I keep to myself, I guess," I shrugged, looking out the window. The sun was shinning, rays of light coming through the glass.

He nodded, "So, Niall, full name?

"Niall James Horan," I said.

"Hobbies?"

"Singing and playing the guitar."

"Can I hear you play sometime?

"Are you even writing this down?"

"No need," he winked. "I'm embedding you into my memory."

I rolled my eyes, "Tell me a bit about yourself, Liam."

"My full name's Liam James Payne. I'm seventeen years young, spoons are terrifying, and I'd really like to get to know you better."

"Your middle name is James, too," I pointed out, smirking.

"Sit with me during lunch today. I think you'll like my mates," he took out his phone, sending a quick text and putting it back in his pocket.

I nodded, "Okay."

Harry's POV

I was planning on asking Niall to sit at my table during lunch. I walked into the cafeteria with Caroline beside me, "Are you sure you can't just tutor him some other time?" she asked.

"He needs help, Caroline. I can't just let him fail," I said, annoyed.

"It's not your fault he's an idiot," she covered her mouth, looking straight ahead. I followed her gaze and groaned internally when I saw Niall's face.

"Come on," Liam sent me a look, pulling him towards his table.

"I didn't mean for him to hear that," Caroline muttered.