Chapter Twenty Four

A/N:

How long has it been? Forever and a day? Oops. Aha, I really am sorry tha it's taken me this long to update. I've lacked motivation and most importantly, time. School really hit me hard. ;-; Moving along! All that's left is one more chapter, then an epilogue. Sequel, or no sequel? Let me know. 

Dedication goes to Olivia -- she wrote the smut in this chappie, and I love her to pieces. xxx

Karina

Liam’s POV

I rang the doorbell and wiped my hands on the fabric of my jeans. I was nervous to see Louis, but I had to get a few things off of my chest. He was there for me from the moment Zayn broke my heart, and hidden feelings became clear.

The friendship we have is simple – we only spend time around each other when something drastic happens. I’ve known Louis for nearly as long as Harry and we click quite well. When Harry and Louis announced that they were a couple, I had mixed feelings, which were easily pushed aside with Zayn constantly on my mind.

My eyes watered at the thought of my former boyfriend and Jay opened the door with a concerned look on her face.

“Liam, are you okay, love?” she asked, letting me in.

I nodded and grimaced, “I’m fine. Is Louis home?”

“He’s upstairs,” Jay said, still observing me, warily.

“Thank you,” I murmured.

The trip to Louis’ room was rather short – I must have looked like a maniac, stumbling through the door.

Louis put down the book he was reading, “Wha – Are you crying, Li?”

“No,” I sniffled, wiping my face.

“Hey…” he took a hold on my hands and pulled us to the bed. “What’s the matter, babe?”

His fingertips pressed into my hips, but not in a painful manner.

“I have something to say,” I choked out. “Just… listen, okay?”

“Alright,” Louis sat down on the edge, gently tugging me in between his legs. “Go ahead.”

“I like you – a lot, actually. I might even go as far to say that I love you, because if I denied it, I’d be lying. You’re the only person who takes me seriously on every level and I appreciate that. We don’t speak much in class, or even in the halls, but I know I can count on you. No one has ever cared about me as much as you do and whenever you hold me – fuck, even when you look at me – I get this warm, fuzzy feeling in my stomach. Call me cliché, but that’s the truth.”

He gazed up into my eyes, a frown set on his lips, “Your boyfriend left you and we were caught in a… promising position, but you’re seeking the attention he gave you, Liam. Now that Zayn isn’t around, you need someone to replace him.”

“It’s not like that, Lou!” I insisted. “You make me feel important; like I have a purpose. Zayn promised me so many things. Now, he expects me to wait until it’s convenient for him. I can’t go for that…”

“Remember what you told me last week? We settle for the love we think we deserve. I’d like to think that I deserve better, but…”

“You love Zayn,” Louis stated, sternly. “Don’t do this. When he comes around, you’re going to regret it.”

I placed my legs on either side of him and sat so I could burry myself into his arms. Louis rubbed my back, pressing a few light kisses to my temple, and let me cry. I cried for what seemed like hours, but was literally fifteen minutes.