Chapter Twenty Five

A/N:

Hey there! I finally updated. What is this nonsense? I know, I truly do suck. I'm sorry -- This chapter is not my best work. But, it will be the last for sure. The epilogue will be up by next week, maybe sooner, and then I'll get started on the sequel. That is, if you still want one...? O.o I only have one more questions for y'all: do you want more Lilo/Ziam?

By the way, the outcome of the case will be revealed in the epilogue. That is all. Good day, or goodnight.

Karina xx

Niall's POV

The afternoon of Hunter and Chases' sentencing ~

I focus on breathing in and out whilst leaning on Louis for support. It's been two hours and no one has come out of the court room to fetch me. After much pleading, I had agreed with Harry's lawyer, John, that I would testify as a witness. At this point I am definitely regretting that decision.

"Harry wouldn't want to see you like this, babe," Liam takes Louis place beside me. "If you get through it, Hunter and Chase will be doing time, for sure."

I groan, "That's not what Harry wants, though..."

A man in a black suit walks through the doors and nods in my direction. I squeeze Liam's hand before walking down the isle. The silence is making me feel even more uncomfortable than I did in the first place, but I keep my head down and head straight towards the stand.

I swear under oath and take a seat, automatically searching for a source of comfort. I met Harry's stare, but it didn't help me settle at all.

Harry's POV

Question after question is shot at Niall and he's handling exceptionally well, in my opinion -- up until this moment.

"Have you been, or are you, affiliated with Hunter Jones?"

"Yes," Niall answers in a wavering tone.

"How so?" Mr. Suhaka further inquires.

The man is awfully intimidating, from his posture to his booming voice. The very first time I had to face him in court, I nearly choked on every word that come out of my mouth; simply watching him is making me nervous.

"We were in a relationship," Niall states.

"As in, boyfriends?"

"Yes."

The lawyer hums, "At what point in time?"

"A year back in Ireland, and nearly two months here in London..."

"Did Mr. Jones ever physically or verbally abuse you during the time you spent as a couple?"

Niall frowns, "He did..."

"Were there any incidents reported relating to the abuse?"

"No."

"And why is that, Mr. Horan?"

"I-I don't know."

"Has Mr. Jones ever forced you into sexual intercourse?"

Niall pales and remains silent. I try to capture his attention without causing a disturbance, but he doesn't notice me.

"I suppose you don't know the answer to that either," he continues. "Your record shows that you suffer from PTSD and a severe anxiety disorder. Is it a possibility that your accusations are based off of hallucinations?"

"Objection, your honor!" John rises. "The questions is not relevant."

"Very well," the judge nods. "Moving along."

"What the hell is going on?" I mumble.

"He's trying to break him," John sighs. "This is not good."

"Are you, or are you not in a relationship with the victim Harry Styles?"

"Y-yes, I am."

"Has he ever laid a hand on you?"

Niall shakes his head, "No, he would never hurt me intentionally."

"Are you sure about that?"

"Of course I'm sure!"

"You don't look alright, Mr. Horan. Do you need a glass of water before we go on?"

"Damn it," John swears. "Niall is panicking."

Niall is shaking and it only seems to be getting worse by the second. I can tell he's struggling to breathe, but I can't reach him. The whole house is in a ruckus and the judge is doing a horrible job at calming everyone down. Two members of security drag Niall out of the stand and restrain him. Maura is weeping behind me, reaching her hand out to touch my shoulder.

"He's going to hurt himself!" one of the men shouts. "Someone call Dr. Carlisle!"

John and I both stand up and follow Maura over to her son. She kneels down in front of him, gently prying his hands open to hold them.

"Niall, listen to me," Maura says. "Open your eyes, love."

"No, no, no," he repeats several times.

"Do you think you can get him to relax?" John whispers in my ear.

I nod, glancing at Hunter, whom is smirking at the scene, "Yeah, just give me five minutes in the hall. Alright?"

"Five, and no more," he warns. "Go ahead."

Maura squeezes my arm as I walk past and I smile, in attempts to reassure her.

"Come on, you," I gather Niall in my arms, exiting through the side doors. "Say something, lovely."

He wiggles around in my grip, catching me off guard. I stumble, slightly, hitting a wall with my left shoulder.

"No!" Niall sobs and elbows my chest. His kicking doesn't falter, so I put him down on his feet.

"Stop," I pull him forward by his arm. "Bloody hell, Ni! It's me -- it's Harry!"

"Harry," he cries, crumbling to the ground in front of me.

"Oh my," Maura gasps from the door. "My baby..."

I silently carry Niall to the other side of the hall and slide down to support his weight. With the struggle, his hair fell flat against his forehead, and I brush it to the side with my fingers.

Keep it together, I remind myself.

"I can't," Niall rasps, messing with a button on my white shirt.

"You can't what, sweetheart?" I ask him.

"I don't want to go back in there."

I look up at John to see that he is rubbing his temple with a frustrated expression.

"I had no clue Walter was going to question him about past events," he explains. "There's no proof of abuse or rape; they can't be charged for that in the first place."

Maura shakes her head, "He can't get back on that stand, John."

"All I need Niall to do is get up there, answer three simple questions about the afternoon of the incident, and he can leave," John tells us. "He's the key witness here."

Niall nods against my shoulder and moves to stand, but I hold him down.

"Are you sure you can do this, Ni?" I wipe away a stray tear on his cheek and brush his hair aside again.

"Yeah," he flattens out my tie before getting up and holding a hand out for me.

I let him help me up, then wrap my arm around his waist, "I love you..."

"I love you, too," Niall smiles, genuinely.

---------------

The following week~

My mum shot me a text a few minutes ago, asking me to rush home. I'm pulling into the driveway and failing entirely at keeping my nerves to a minimum.

"Harold!" my mum calls from the front steps. "Hurry up!"

I hop out of the car and jog to the door, "What's going on?"

"It's a letter from Brighton," she informs me. "Open it!"

I hold the white envelope in my hands and flip it over a few times. I took a risk, applying for the University of Brighton with high hopes that I would be accepted. If this letter is one of rejection, I'll have to wait another year before I can start my schooling.

"Here goes nothing," I mutter and tear it open.

Dear Harry,

Congratulations! I am pleased to inform you of your admission to the University of Brighton...

"Yes."

"Yes?!"

"Mhm," I hand her the letter and rush out the door. "I'll be back in a bit!"

Niall's POV

"Niall!"

I stopped moving the pillows on my bed, "Yeah, mum?"

"Harry's here," she replies. "Do I send him up?"

"Yep!" I blush when I see myself in the mirror. It's the first time in weeks that Harry's come to see me and I look like a wreck.

The door flings open and Harry picks me up, spinning around in a circle before nearly dropping me.

"Christ, Haz!" I laugh. "What's got you so happy?"

"I got in," he grins, squeezing my hips.

"Brighton?" I pull back and continue the search for my phone.

"Where else?" Harry muses. "Hey, could you stand still for a minute? I haven't gotten a proper look at you."

I chuckle, "I can't find my phone, you twat. Stop staring at me, I feel self conscious!"

"I thought we were passed that, baby," he hooks his fingers through the belt loops of my jeans. "I've seen you naked, panting, underneath me -- begging for more until you've been bottomed out and filled up with-"

"Harry!" I screech. "My mum is right down the hall!"

"I wasn't speaking that loudly," Harry pouts as I face him. "I haven't touched you in quite a while..."

"Uh, we're touching right now," I point out. "Now, quit acting weird and help me!"

"Niall."

"Harry."

"When's the last time we had sex?"

I gape and shove him back, "I cannot believe you!"

"But really, a healthy relationship-"

"You're digging yourself into a deeper hole," I warn Harry. "Call my phone, will ya?"

The sight of my room is atrocious at the moment and I want to put everything back in its place once I find the missing piece of technology.

'Cause if I wanted to go, I would've gone by now

But, I really need you near me

To keep my mind off the edge

If I wanted to leave, I would have left by now

But, you're the only one that knows me better than I know myself

"Found it!" I announce, excitedly.

"Would ye look at that," Harry holds up a small gift bag. "Who's this from?"

"Louis," I smile. "I haven't gotten the chance to open it, though."

He cocks an eyebrow, "Shall we?"

"I suppose..."

"Dear Niall," Harry reads the note. "I present this gift to you with much love -- it's about time you expand your horizons. Love, Lou."

"Expand my horizons?" I snort. "This lad, I swear..."

"I'd really like to try this out. How about it?"

I stare at the black dildo, completely horrified.

"Dear god, not now," I practically yell. "Put it back, put it back!"

"Boys?" my mum knocks on the door.

"We're fine, Maura!" Harry smirks with a wink.

"Why not, babe?" he whispers afterwards.

"It's just," I gulp. "I don't think I'm ready for that... and it would prefer it if you'd make love to me instead..."

I feel very small under Harry's now serious gaze, but slowly rid of my white t-shirt and stroll into the bathroom. My jeans come off with ease, ending up in the sink. I spread a towel out on the floor just as Harry joins me.

"C'mere," Harry mumbles.

Mature [quickie] ~*o*~

I stroke his cock a few times and step out of my boxers once he's pulled them down. I lay on my back on top of the towel, taking Harry with me. I press my lips to his and a strange taste invaded my senses. I push it aside, though, and open my legs wider for Harry to fit in between them comfortably.

"Can you take me with no prep?" he asks.

"Yeah," I bite his neck, lightly. "Missed you this morning -- fingered myself before school."

Harry chuckles, sliding his length into my arse, easily, "So hot, lovely..."

"So full," I croak, relishing the slow thrusts. "Pull out further."

"Yeah, yeah. Not gonna last long like this, Ni."

"Uh huh," I grin, lazily, and peck his lips. "I love you."

"I love you, too," Harry pants. "Always."

My climax is a blur, and Harry comes inside of me right after. I exhale, playing with his damp curls when his head rests on my chest.

"Record time," I comment. "'Suppose it really has been too long."

I don't stop there, though.

"We might as well get used to it now. You'll be in Brighton after summer's over."

Harry's hand leaves my side and he stands to start the shower.

"Harry?" I turn my head.

"I don't want to talk about that right now," he admits, carrying me bridal style to the tub. "We're going to clean up, throw on sweats, and cuddle, okay?"

"Okay."