Chapter Ten

Niall's POV

I walked faster, trying to get inside the school before the rain came down harder. I adjusted the hood of Harry's Jack Wills jumper on my head, and continued to my locker. I felt someone pull the hood down, chucking as they went in the opposite direction. "Loser," I heard them say before they turned the corner. I opened my locker, putting my Physics textbook away since I didn't need it until after lunch. "Hey Ni," Liam said. I nodded, acknowledging his presence.

He sighed, "Harry's really worried. He only wants to apologize." I shrugged, closing my locker. 

"Niall," Harry started, approaching us. I stared at him, blankly, waiting for him to continue. "Please, just hear me out. I know you're upset with me, but I'm not entirely sure why, so I don't know how to fix it. All I can say for now is that I'm really sorry."

I nodded and turned around, walking towards my art class. "Talk to me," Harry pleaded, waking beside me.

"You shouldn't be seen with me," I stated, going into the room and taking my usual seat. I was surprised when Harry was standing in front of my table, looking at me intently.

"That's all you have to say?" He asked. "God, Ni. If you don't want to talk to me because of what Jason said, please don't let that get to you. It was wrong and I swear, if he comes near you again, I won't hesitate to kick his arse."

I bit my lip, staring out the window, "I'll see you at lunch."

"Meet me by the oak tree," Harry said, brushing past Liam. I sighed, burying my face in the crook of my elbow, blocking out Mr. Jones' voice.

---------------

I walked out the double doors of the cafeteria and stopped to look around. There were a few students scattered around the field, eating lunch. I spotted Harry sitting against the large oak tree and slowly walked towards him. I stopped at his feet, kicking a rock. Harry looked up, "Hey."

"Hi," I mumbled, my eyes watering.

"Oh, babe, com'ere," he made space between his legs and I sat down, resting my back against him. Harry's hands made their way to my hair and he sang softly in my ear.

This is the start of something beautiful

This is the start of something new

You are the one who'd make me lose it all

You are the start of something new, oh

And I'll throw it all away

And watch you fall into my arms again

And I'll throw it all away

Watch you fall, now

You are the earth that I will stand upon

You are the words that I will sing

And I've thrown it all away

And watched fall into his arms again

And I've thrown it all away

Watched you fall, now 

And take me back

Take me home

Watch me fall

Down to earth

Take me back for

This is the start of something beautiful

You are the start of something new

Harry kissed the side of my forehead as I let the tears stream down my face, "Sh, it's okay."

"Don't leave me," I croaked.

"Never," he played with the fingers on my right hand. "I want you to be open with me, alright? You don't have to tell me right now, but you can talk to me whenever you're ready."

I nodded, shifting slightly so I could press a kiss to his lips, "I'm sorry."

"Don't be," Harry smiled, pecking my nose. "Have you had anything to eat today?"

"No," I said, leaning against him again. "I'm not hungry."

"I have your favorite sandwich," he sang, poking my side.

I smiled, weakly, "That's nice."

"You're stubborn," Harry chuckled, pulling out a brown paper bag. He waved the small plastic bag in front of my face and I smacked it away. "Fine, I'll eat it then."

"You do that," I turned on my side, laying my head on his chest and pulling my legs up to my chest. I yawned, closing my eyes.

"I see you've taken a liking to my jumper," he pointed out.

I nodded, yawning again.

"Maybe you should talk to someone about your nightmares, Niall." 

I sat up, abruptly, "What? Why?"

Harry frowned, "It's taking a toll on your energy. You look like you haven't slept in days."

"I'm perfectly fine," I said, trying to keep my voice steady.

He looked at me, warily, "Okay."

"You should get going. The bell's going to ring soon," I said, standing up.

"I'll walk you to class," Harry stood up, slinging his book bag over his shoulder.

"No, that's okay," I pulled the hood over my head. "I'm not staying."

Harry sighed, "Skipping classes isn't going to help your grades."

I shrugged, "It doesn't matter at this point."

"Stay," he took both of my hands in his. "For me?"

"Harry," I warned. 

"Niall," Harry mocked me. I groaned, pulling away one of my hands and began walking back to the double doors. I swung our hands between us, pushing the door open. I felt eyes on us and I dropped Harry's hand. "Ignore them," he said, intertwining our fingers again.

"Hey, you two," Zayn waved us over from our usual table.

"Hey, where's Liam?" I asked.

"I don't know," he sighed. "We aren't on the best of terms right now."

"I think I found him," Harry said. We followed his gaze and Zayn cursed under his breath. Liam was talking with Kyle and his mates. He got up, casually walking towards the table. "This is going to be interesting."

I hid my face in Harry's neck, stifling a laugh. When I looked up again, Zayn had one of his arms wrapped around Liam's waist and was pressing a kiss to his cheek. "Jealousy gets us to do crazy things sometimes."

"I have a feeling that wasn't all jealousy," Harry replied, guiding me out of the cafeteria just as the bell rang. "He's been trying to figure out a way to show Liam that he loves him."

I hummed, "They deserve each other."

"You think so?" he inquired.

"Yeah, I mean, they've clearly gone through a lot, but Liam's told me that he really loves Zayn," I said.

Harry nodded in agreement, "They're inseparable."