Chapter Twenty Two

A/N:

Comment if you enjoyed this chapter! I'd really like to know what you guys think. Although it saddens me to say it, there will only be three more chapters before the epilogue. ): I've thought about writing a sequel, but it's highly unlikely. Thanks for sticking with me, munchkins! 5K reads, huh? Y'all rock.

My friend drew an outline of Narry for me haha. Thanks Rani. c;

Karina xxx

Niall's POV

I can't go into that courtroom knowing that Chase and Hunter are slipping by without the punishment they deserve. I've refrained from discussing it with Harry, but I'm still not happy about the outcome. My mum and Anne both came to support him and I should be in there as well. Instead, I'm pacing up and down the corridor like the horrid boyfriend I am. 

The door swung open and my mum waved me over, "Chase pleaded guilty, Niall."

"What?" I breathed. "Did Hunter?"

"No," she frowned. "They're being sentenced in three weeks."

Harry and his lawyer came out from the other set of doors, and I watched them, carefully, "And the plea bargain?"

"It's gone out the window."

"Lovely," Harry smiled, leaning down to kiss me. 

"Hey baby," I fixed the collar of his shirt. "Doing okay?"

"Yeah," he sighed. "I had no choice but to testify."

I cupped Harry's face in my hands, "They hurt you. It was the right thing to do."

"I honestly believe that the both of them are cap-"

"Stop," I cut him off. "That's just bullshit, Haz."

"Why are you so grudgeful?" Harry mused. 

"I don't want to have this conversation here," I grumbled, walking out into the fresh spring air. 

"Well?"

"I have every right to hold a grudge," I said as calmly as I could. 

He looked ahead at the cars zooming by on the street, "You need to learn how to forgive and forget."

"I can still feel Hunter's hands on me," I spat. "The bruises and scars may have faded, but the memories haven't. They made me believe that I was worthless; a disgrace to society."

I chuckled, bitterly, "But, you wouldn't understand. We live in two entirely different worlds. People look up to you while they look down on me, and that'll always be the outcome."

"Not everything is about you!" Harry exclaimed. "I'm sorry that happened, Niall. I really am, but it's not my fault."

"I didn't say it wa-"

"We can't keep doing this," he uttered, going down the concrete steps.

"Harry," I murmured. 

He made it to the second set of steps.

"Do you love me?" 

Harry stopped, turning his head, slightly.

"Do you love me?" I repeated. 

"Yes."

I swallowed the lump in my throat, "Then, don't walk away."

I continued. "I know all I do is make things worse for us, but I'm begging you, don't walk away."