Chapter Fifteen

Niall's POV

I missed Harry; a lot. I saw him almost everyday, yet it felt like he was so far. I knew it was my doing, but I felt so alone. I couldn't look at him for long without wanting to cry. I love Harry so much, it's indescribable. I needed time, I just don't know what I was expecting to get out of it. I've done nothing, except think about us for the past three weeks.

"Don't come crying to me when one of you is injured," Liam warned Harry and Zayn, who were wrestling on the living room floor.

Harry smacked his head against the table and I was immediately by his side, examining his scalp, "Are you okay? Does it hurt?"

"I'm fine, Ni. I just bumped it," he chuckled.

I pouted, "You have to be careful, with that concussion and all."

"That happened almost three months ago," Harry pointed out. I blushed, standing up and returning to my spot on the sofa. He sat on the other end, keeping a large gap between us.

"Zayn, it's about time we head out," Liam said, tugging on his sleeve.

Zayn tilted his head, "What? I didn't know we had anything planned."

"It's date night, silly!" Liam pecked his boyfriend's cheek.

He nodded, a doubtful look on his face, "Okay. Bye, you two."

I waved, "Bye."

The flat was silent once the front door shut. I could only hear my breathing, along with Harry's. I tried to keep from making eye contact with him, but after a while of feeling his gaze on me, I couldn't resist.

Harry smiled at me, revealing the dimples I'd grown to love, "We haven't spoken much lately. How are you?"

"I've been better," I admitted. "How about you?"

He shrugged, "Okay, I suppose."

I scooted closer to him and laid my head on his shoulder, "I'm so stupid, Haz."

"Why do say that?" Harry inquired.

"I miss you. I thought taking a break would solve something, but I don't know what," I mumbled. "I can't handle this."

He lifted my chin with his index finger, "Don't fight it, then."

I kissed him, not forcefully, but gently. The moment our lips touched, I felt the familiar spark. It was always there; even after the first time. My hands made their way to his hair, threading my fingers through the soft curls. Harry was the first to pull back and pecked my nose.

"I don't deserve a guy like you. Why do you put with me?" I asked, the guilt eating away at me.

"I love you, no matter what. I'd fight for you even if you didn't replicate my feelings," Harry said.

"I love you, Haz," I whispered, kissing him again.

"This is definitely not what I was expecting to see when I got home."

Harry chuckled, "Hello Maura."

"Nice to finally see you around, Harry," my mum smiled, removing her coat. "I almost thought you two had split."

I grimaced, "Yeah..."

"I'm heading to bed, it's been a long day. Good night, boys!"

"G'nite!" Harry and I yelled in unison.

I giggled and pushed him down on his back, "Can you stay?"

Harry frowned, "Not tonight, love."

"Ugh," I groaned and stood up.