Chapter Seventeen

Zayn's POV

It's been a month a half since Harry and Niall broke up. Thing have been pretty calm, for the most part. Louis and Harry are officially dating, and so are Niall and Hunter. It surprised me how easily the both of them moved on. The connection between the two was unbelievable; they would've done anything for each other.

"What are you thinking so hard about, Z?" Liam asked, playing with the hair at the nape of my neck.

"I don't understand why Harry is acting like nothing happened," I said.

"It's his way of coping. If that's the way he wants to go about it, we should let him. Maybe he'll learn a lesson."

I sighed, "I'm not really worried about Harry..."

Liam moved onto my lap, "You're worried about Niall, I know. So am I. Hunter has hurt him in the past, so why wouldn't he do it again?"

"Exactly. Have you noticed how possessive he is? Niall never spends time with us anymore," I ranted. "Hunter keeps him occupied all the time."

He smiled down at me, "I say, we let it be. If he's happy, then we're happy, yeah?"

"I guess," I mumbled.

"I love you," Liam sang and kissed the corner of my mouth.

I hummed, burying my face in his neck and inhaling his scent, "I love you, too."

Niall's POV

The credits of the movie were scrolling down the screen and Hunter's arm was around my waist, securely. The only lighting was coming from the telly, shinning on our faces. I yawned, laying my head on his chest, "Can we go to bed now?"

Hunter pushed me back, crawling on top of me, "Not yet."

I pouted, "I'm sleepy."

"I love you, Ni," he whispered, trailing kisses down my neck.

I moaned, craning my neck to give him more access, "I know."

Hunter slid his hand down my stomach and into my sweats. I squirmed, putting my hands on his chest and forcing him to move back, "Stop."

"Don't you want this?" he inquired.

I tried to reason with him, "Not right now, babe. I'm exhausted."

"Excuses," Hunter muttered under his breath, standing up and heading towards the staircase.

I followed him and grabbed his arm, "What's your problem?"

He turned around and his hand made contact with the side of my face. I gasped, holding my cheek and taking a few steps away from him. Hunter charged towards me and wrapped his hand around my neck, slamming me against the wall. I tried to scream, but he was constricting my airflow. I began to cry, which enraged him even more.

"Shut up!" he yelled, tightening his grip.

I squeezed my eyes shut and prayed that Hunter would let me go. When I opened my eyes again, Hunter was staring at me in shock and quickly released me. I slid down the wall, gasping for air.

"I-I'm so sorry, Niall!" Hunter rushed out, helping me up. As soon as I was on my feet, I sprinted out of the house. I didn't realize where I was heading until I spotted Liam's car. I walked up the stone steps and knocked on the door. He was clearly home, but no one came. I knocked again, jumping back when the door flung open.

"What?!"

"S-sorry," I stuttered and took off. While I was running, I couldn't help the wrecked sobs that were escaping me. My cheek stung and there would most likely be bruising on my neck, but that's not what hurts the most. Hunter hit me; I trusted him and he hit me.