1.

Emily

''Can I help you with something?'' I offer to the new girl that is loading boxes off of a car. She turned her face to me with a bright friendly smile and her green eyes looked right into mine.

''Oh, yeah, that would be great.'' She smiled bright and handed the box to me. ''Christian was supposed to help, but he had to go to work, last minute thing,'' she added.

''Who?'' I asked, the confusion must have been clear in my voice because she turned over with an arched brow before explaining.

''He is Lily's boyfriend, the guy your friend knows, who told my ex-roommate about the room here'' she explained. She took two boxes that looked not too heavy and we started the journey up the stairs to the second floor.

''Annie, that's the name of my friend.'' And it seems to me that Stella and Annie would be great friends.

''I didn't even know that, knowing names is much less confusing than using 'the friend of a friend', don't you think?''She spoke to me over her shoulder and I was afraid she'll fall on the stairs. Her voice was high but it fit her perfectly. She looked like a Barbie doll, but she had dark red hair that was set into a ponytail. She had high heels on and I wondered how did she manage to carry those boxes, clime the stares and not fall.

''Yeah, much less confusing,' I answered, but I was not paying much attention to what she was saying, instead, her behind in front of me distracted me quite a bit. We reached to the door. She stood in front of it waiting for me to open it. But I was a little preoccupied with staring at her.

''Sorry,'' I said feeling my cheeks getting hotter. After knowing her for 5 minutes I already get caught with staring. How embarrassing. I quickly unlocked the door and slipped inside her right behind me.

''Locks automatically so always bring a key.'' I tried to push past the awkwardness that I was feeling. She didn't seem bothered about that and smiled at me instead.

''That's useful to know. Do we have a spare key somewhere in a hall just in case?'' She was looking around the apartment her eyes glancing over the walls. She has never been here before. I sent her the pictures and she was willing to move in right away. I was not against it I did not want to pay rent alone. She looked pleased with what she saw and a friendly smile grossed her face as she looked at me again.

''There used to be a key, but the guy who lived here lost it and now there is only two,'' I told her. ''So keep an eye on your key, always'' I said jokingly.

''Will do,'' she promised whit a bright smile. She smiled a lot. I liked her smile, it looked friendly and warm, and inviting.

''Is this my room?'' She was standing in front of the closed door to her room.

''Yes.''

***

She ran up and down the stairs bringing her boxes in and I helped trying to be as upbeat as she was. After we had brought all of her boxes in I gave her the tour. She took her high heels off and was now barefoot. She was now shorter than me, but not by much.

Her long legs looked really good in her tight jeans and that red blouse she was wearing made her figure stand out.

''This is the living area as you can see, kitchen is semi-conjoined with the living area.'' I was pointing at the kitchen while we stood in the middle of the living area right in front of that big gray sofa. I tried my best not to look too long at her, but every time I knew she was not looking directly at me my eyes fell on her face.

''My room is there on the other side of the apartment, it's the best thing about the place I might say. And of course we have separate bathrooms.'' We moved around the apartment while I talked. She looked thoughtful while looking around the place.

''Under the sink is the trashcan. The big trashcan is behind the building and it's emptied every Thursday.'' There was a lot of information to give. I was going through everything in my head trying not to miss anything important. I should have made a list before.

''All the plates and such are in the cupboards, utensils in there.'' I opened and closed doors and drawers showing her the inside. She was following me and paying attention.

''I think this is it, if you have any questions ask, you know where I live.'' I turned to face her, she was still wearing that friendly smile and it made me simile too.

''Yeah, seems about it. I'll get un-packing now. Thanks for this.'' She gave me the warmest smile.

''I should thank you, I really needed a roommate.''

''I really needed a room, so it seems we are both good.'' She smiles sweetly.

That was the first time I met Stella. From the first minute I saw I seemed to have fallen under a spell. I had hard time focusing on showing her the apartment at the time. She smiled so warmly and it took my breath away right there and then.

Once again I am in bed, and having trouble falling asleep, it happens often. She is always on my mind the second I touch the mattress and try to fall asleep. I see her pretty face all smiling shyly, my favorite kind of smile. I miss her.

---

I hope that someone sees this and is interested enough to keep reading.

:)