21.

Emily

''Stella!'' I have stood behind her room door for God knows how long. She is not answering and her door is locked. I hope she is alright.

I should have taken it slower. I probably scared her with being too impulsive. I should have stuck with simple kisses and light touches. I just got a little carried away. She surprised me with that kiss, usually I'm the one initiating. I might just have blew my only shot of having her.

''Stella, please, open the door,'' I plead. I need to make sure she is alright. She doesn't answer me, I can only hear faint music coming from her room. I sit down my back against the wall next to her room door, head in my hands. What have I done?

''Stella, can you hear me? You don't have to open the door or talk to me, but could you just listen to me?'' I plead. I'm desperate to know what she is thinking, maybe if I talk to her she will eventually.

I hear the music stop and I assume she is listening to me.

''Stella, I'm sorry, I got carried away. I know you said you'd try this and I had made it clear for myself not to over think this. I guess I still did. I am so happy you gave me a chance, I probably ruined it now, but... oh I don't even know what to say to you right now. What happened? Did I push it too far? Was it uncomfortable? I need you to tell me.'' I feel like I'm going to cry.

The door opens and Stella steps out, her cheeks are tearstained and eyes red. I start to get up but she sits down before I get to.

''It was too much. I... I don't know if I want this. I was so nervous before, not like a sweet anticipation for something good, but really nervous. I don't want to hurt you...'' her words get stuck, few tears run down her cheek and I reach my hand to swipe them away, but she doesn't let me.

I know that my one chance is over.

''I don't want to hurt you,'' she repeats, '' and I feel that this is what I'll do if I keep trying. You are really beautiful and attractive girl, but I just don't feel that I can be who you need me to be. I'm so so sorry that I ever promised to try, I should have just said no right away.''

''No, thank you for trying. It was more than I could have hoped for. At least I got to hold you for a little while.'' Silent tears are running down my cheeks and whipping them away is pointless because new ones replace them right away.

I reach for her hand and she lets me take it. I bring it to my lips and kiss her hand softly, like a goodbye.

''I'll find myself another place to live,'' she says and it breaks my heart.

''You don't have to,'' I say, quietly pleading for her to stay.

''I need to, I'm sorry.'' She takes her hand away from me and stands up. And that is it.

Where is happily ever after?

''Come on, get dressed, we are going to party tonight!'' Annie is super excited about her birthday party, she is already swinging her hips to the music.

''We have to be there in 2 hours,'' I say chuckling a little over her enthusiasm. She is already dressed in her little black dress that is sparkling a little. Her killer heels are as black as night and she has her hair up in a bun. The birthday girl is looking fabulous.

''I know, but I'm excited!'' She is rummaging through my closet again like she always does when we are going out. She hands me my skinny jeans and a black blouse that is a bit on the see-through side. She even looks for my black bra that will go the best with this getup and hands it to me.

''Do you want the black pumps or the black booties?'' she asks me.

''Booties, I'll want to be able to stand tomorrow,'' I joke.

''You are not going to be able to stand tomorrow with your killer hangover anyway,'' she laughs and tosses the pumps to me. Why does she give me the choice if I am not even able to choose? That's Annie for you.