9.

Emily

My alarm clock goes off and it's a Monday morning 7am. Reluctantly I get out of bed. I brush my teeth and throw some cold water on my face. I set my hair in a bun and crab my phone with headphones, and I head out for a jog.

When I get back it is 8am and I know Stella has left already for her class. I take a quick shower because I have to get to work by 9am.

I enter the kitchen to eat breakfast I see a note on the fridge.

I made you omelet. I did not burn anything, I still have 10 fingers, and I hope it's good ;)

Coffee is in the pot.

S.

My heart skips a beat for some reason and a face splitting grin appears on my face. Stella, who can't really cook to save a life made me breakfast. I mentally thank her and take my omelet out of the fridge. It looks good with tomatoes and onions.

***

I work for 3 hours and give my shift to the next girl. I have one class to attend to.

On campus as I exit the classroom where my English literature of the 19th century just ended I see Stella walking by with Annie.

''Hey, Girls!'' I call out to them and they stop, both of them waive.

''Thanks for the breakfast,'' I say to Stella leaning little closer to her ear.

''No problem, I quite enjoyed it,'' she smiled shyly, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

''I have to run, but you two have fun, ''Annie informs us and with a wave leaves us standing there.

''What do you have next?''She asks me.

''I'm done for today actually, you?'' I ask as we stand awkwardly in the middle of a footpath.

''Done too,'' she nods her head. We both start walking to the direction that is the fastest way out of campus.

''Want to go and get some late lunch?'' She asks peeking. I agree.

We are walking to the pizza place while talking about our classes. Every guy that passes by us has his eyes on her and it makes me little uncomfortable. Well, little is an understatement. I feel myself getting a bit jealous. Of course I have no reason for that what so ever.

''You would have no problem with getting yourself a boyfriend, I mean, if you'd want one, everyone is looking at you,'' she says with a bit of hesitation but a little bit of humor as well. Her cheeks are lightly pink, I don't really know if it's because of what she said or it's cold outside.

''I was just thinking the same thing about you, they all are looking at you,'' saying it out loud is making me jealous, no doubt about it.

She smiles shyly and gestures with her hand oh-stop-it.

''No really, you'd have a date in a second,'' I tell her, and the truth of the statement is scratching at my heart a little.

''Maybe.'' She says shyly. '' But same goes to you,'' she adds quickly like she wants attention off of her.

''How did you know you were gay anyway?'' She asks then, and I feel my heart race a million miles an hour.

''Sorry, I'm nosey again,'' she smiles apologetically, maybe even a little embarrassed.

''No, it's not like I haven't been asked that before.'' I have had to answer that question a lot. Not anymore thought, I can't really remember the last time. But I have it like a poem in my head ready to recite.

''I don't know exactly to be honest. I guess I have always been gay. Once at a party while playing drunken spin the bottle I had to kiss a girl and I liked it, really liked it. I had to kiss a boy, and it was not the same. I kind of figured that I was lesbian, I had thought about it before, but this made it certain. And I did not feel bad, I was not surprised myself, I had never had any confusion about that,'' I tell her and she listens. She is looking down at the pavement as we walk, but from time to time she looks up at me and nods. Telling my story I still have time to admire her. Her red hair is straightened and falls perfectly down her back and the wind is tossing them around slightly.

''What did your parents say?'' she asks shyly. She is never shy with what she asks or says, why now?

''I have told my parents. My parent didn't make a big deal out of it. My mom even said the she had thought about the possibility before. But others in my family don't know, we are not that close of a family. We see each other mostly at big family events and I don't think I should gather everybody at someone's birthday just to say I'm gay, I feel like I'm practically a stranger to most of them anyway. Grandparents are the closest, but they also live far away so I don't really see them that much.'' I tell her.

''I guess if your parents are okay it's all good,'' she says ending that topic.

''So tell me, how did your parents react when you told them you were straight?'' I tease her. She looks at me quizzically at first but then understands my joking tone.

''Oh, they were horrified, '' she laughs lightly giving me a warm look.

Annie dragged me home and practically made me her canvas. She rummaged through my closet coming out with different options. She offered me many different combinations with jeans and blouses that I have, and most of my dresses were under a question.

''I think this one is cute,'' she holds a flowery one in front of me. I get an image of Stella wearing that dress.

''No.'' I say. I don't want to think about her, but I still do.

''Why not, she'll love it,'' she asks me raising her eyebrow already knowing what's coming.

''Stella has the same one, I don't want to wear it,'' I say sighing. She makes weird throaty sounds making me know that she is so done with my constant whining about Stella.