4.

Stella

I got back from school and the second I opened the front door to the apartment I was hit with a delicious smell of food. Emily was cooking. She had music playing from her phone and she was dancing to it. She wore a floral dress that was swaying nicely with her to the music. I have the same dress only the color combination is different. Good to know it looks good while dancing. She is casually cooking in a fancy floral dress, I don't think I know anybody more girly than Emily. She has very feminine style and almost always wore a dress. She knows exactly what to wear for what occasion, but will still wear a dress while cooking.

She heard me coming in and turned the music down greeting me warmly. She is saving my life with cooking me every night I must say. Not that I would not know how to get food myself, but she is really good cook and I will never choose salad from the store over it.

''What are you cooking?'' I ask her. I sit comfortably on the kitchen counter next to the stove that she was using.

''It's stuffed chicken in the oven and I am frying some veggies.'' She is looking up from the pan that she was stirring the veggies on and smiles, her green eyes sparkling. Her long blond hair is in a messy bun on top of her head it looks like she just got out of bed and at the same time like she had a fancy hairdo from a salon. I wish I could make my messy bun look so perfect. I need to ask her how she does it.

''Mmm, sounds delicious.'' My mouth is watering just thinking about the delicious sounding food.

''I know,'' she smirks looking proud of herself. And she should be. She looked like she was really in her element. Maybe she should actually be a cook. She would be so good at it.

I had been living in this apartment for three weeks now and I love it. Emily is really nice and we have become really good friends. Sometimes we have a movie night in our living room and we eat junk food. She is really easy to talk to and we can talk about anything.

My last roommate was not like that. I had to drag words out of her. She liked being more on her own. I could see that she really hated sharing a room. Dorm rooms are really small, so I get it. We are friends, and now more than before. I think it's because I am not living with her and constantly trying to have a conversation.

Emily is always up for listening to my nonsense chatter.

''The food is almost ready, can you get the plates?'' She informs me. And I'm clad, because I am famished.

''Sure.'' I reach the top of the cupboard for two plates. I'm few inches too short to reach the top self that we have the plates on. I clime up on the counter and on my knees I reach the plates.

''Try not to fall,'' Emily says with a bit of panic in her voice.

''Relax, I do this all the time,'' I say with a light laugh. She takes the plates from my hands so I can get down safely and places them on the kitchen table.

''Maybe we need to move the plates one shelf down so you don't have to brake your neck,'' Emily suggests with a humorous tone.

''I can reach the plates,'' I say, ''I'm not that much shorter than you.''

''How tall are you?'' she asks facing me. She is a bit taller than me, exactly the amount to reach the top shelf of cupboards.

''5'5'' which is average.'' I like my height, I can wear heals and still no boy will be shorter than me.

''Alright little girl, we will have the plates on the bottom shelf by tomorrow,'' she smirks and hands me a cup from the cupboard. She is mocking me.

''What? Little girl? You are not that tall either,'' I retort.

''But you are shorter than me,'' she cocks an eyebrow with a half smirk, still mocking me.

''Don't take it too seriously, I just like it when you get a bit frustrated with me,'' she winks playfully at me.

I sit in the kitchen and I am playing with the food on my plate. I miss Emily's cooking. Without that I think I will either starve or be really fat from all the fast food in no time.