23.

Emily

''Why are we here exactly?'' I ask her as we sit down. We choose the booth farthest away in the darkest corner. She sits next to me not opposite of me.

''Emily,'' she starts taking my hands in hers and facing me, ''I have wanted to talk to you for some time now, but I have been a huge coward.''

''What about?'' I'm confused. She moved out, we haven't been in contact ever since. She said that she moved out to make it easier on me and on her. She is making me nervous with this tone of her voice.

''I told you I'd try and I did, badly, but it felt to me like I couldn't do it at the time.'' She looks down to our hands and thinks a little before continuing.

''I left and I felt good, like I was able to breathe again.'' Why is she telling me this? This doesn't sound very good to me.

''But it didn't last long. You made me think about all this sexuality stuff that I did not think about before. I had no confusion, I was sure about myself, but you made me doubt that.'' She smiles shyly looking me in the eyes. I motioned her to go on.

''I thought about it, a lot. I went out on dates with girls, just to try it. It was easier like that, because I didn't know the girls like I knew you. It didn't feel as good as going out with guys though. I like girls, I know that, but I like guys a little bit more, I think.'' She explains herself and I'm still a little bit at loss here. She chews nervously on her bottom lip keeping an eye contact with me. I bring her hand to my lips kissing it softly feeling my heartbeat raising. I guess there is hope for us? She likes girls!

''Is that what you wanted to tell me?'' I ask my voice just above a whisper.

''Getting there,'' she smiles nervously biting her lip.

''The girls didn't make me feel the way you did, even the guys that I went on a date with didn't. I thought back on the week that I promised I try, a lot. I had felt nervous because I had never been in this position before. I had never imagined something like that and it all went so fast. I barely had time to think about it before you had me half naked.'' She chuckled a little about the last thought.

''Sorry about that,'' I chuckle softly. My heartbeat is going through the roof and butterflies fly in my stomach. I can't sweep the smile off of my face.

''I like you, I know it now. I have had a hell of a lot of time to think about it. I was just scared before and I'm sorry I hurt you. I don't know if you like me still, or have I just been rumbling pointlessly about this, I don't really know...''

I cut her off with a light peck on her lips.

''I am interested in hearing about this, really, really interested.''

''Yeah?'' The brightest and happiest smile spreads over her face that I have ever seen. She looks so breathtakingly beautiful at this moment. I lean in and press my lips against hers. She kisses me back right away. The kiss is sweet and loving. Her hands cup my face and I wrap my arms around her. I break the kiss to hug her tightly against my body. Her hands wrap around me and I feel so happy right now.

''I like you, so much, like isn't even enough to describe it! All night I have been trying not to burst out in tears. Seeing you made my heart beat faster and my head spin. I have missed you so much. It's not the same in the apartment without you, I need you there, you made it a home for me.'' She lets go of me just to connect her lips with mine in a sweet kiss that took my breath away. She smiles so sweetly gently brushing her fingers over my cheeks swiping the tear away that escaped my eye.

''Emily, will you go out with me? I promise I will actually show up, will not cancel on you,'' she spoke nervously.

''Yes!'' I answered happily bringing her body close to mine again.

***

We ended up leaving the diner without ordering anything. It's the middle of the night and we were the only ones there. I think they were glad we didn't order anything. We walked hand in hand along the streets to my place.

''I'll call you tomorrow?'' Stella asked me stopping in front of the familiar apartment building she and I used to live in together.

''No,'' I say teasingly. She raises her eyebrows in surprise and opens her mouth to say something but I continue.

''Come inside, pleas,'' I plead. I just want her to be next to me when I go to sleep. I feel like this is a dream right now. I want to wake up next to her in the morning.

''Sure,'' she agrees and we enter the building.

***

It's 4.30am by now and she yawns so cutely. Her hair is now in a messy bun that I somehow made and she is wearing my clothes. Stella gets under the covers in my bed and I could not be happier. She is the most adorable sight to see.

''Take a picture,'' she says chuckling lightly.

''I don't have to, I have you.'' I clime into the bed next to her. I snake my hands around her waist and pull her closer to me. She relaxes into my chest taking my hands into hers.

''I love you,'' I say without thinking. She turns herself around and looks me in the eyes, surprised expression on her face. I feel nervous. I went too far too fast, again.

She places her soft hand on my cheek and kisses me sweetly. I kiss her back relishing in the taste of her. Our lips work perfectly together, sweet, tender.

''I know, I'm falling for you too,'' she says against my lips. Happiness makes my heart beat faster and a big smile appear on my face. I can't believe Stella is here in my arms telling me she is falling for me. I hope this isn't a dream.

The end!