17.

Emily

''Have you seen the wedding pictures?'' my mom asks me as we are back at my place.

''No, and why are you bringing this up like 6 months later?'' I ask her.

''Just thought you might want to see...''

''No, I don't want to see Stella and I,'' I cut her off.

''Was the cake good?'' I ask Stella as we are dancing to a slow song on the dance floor.

''Not the best I have ever had, but close to that,'' she smiles a cute heartwarming smile as we sway to the music.

''Thanks for doing this,'' I say.

''I'm glad to be here. I hope your grandma will come around,'' she says sincerely and I feel her hand make some soothing motions on my back.

''I'm still a bit shocked.''

''I understand why,'' she pulls me into a hug and I let myself relax. She lets go and we keep on swaying to the music.

Her hair is over her right shoulder and it is braded from the top, beautiful red curls coming down to her breast. Her red hair always catches my attention. It looks soft, but I have never actually gotten my hands to it.

''What?'' she stops swaying and shy blush is creeping up on her face. I must have stared for too long.

''You look very beautiful tonight,'' I compliment her. For the first time I have said that out loud.

''Thank you. You, too,'' she compliments me back with a shy smile.

The music stops and people clap for the band, a more upbeat song starts playing. We dance to it, laughing, smiling, enjoying ourselves. That moment as I looked her dancing so carefree turning and swaying her hips, I knew I was in too deep.

The music stopped and she grabbed my hand. As people clapped for the band she ushered me out of the place. The night was cold I could see my breath in the air.

''I have never been to a wedding before, it is a lot of fun,'' she says smiling from ear to ear.

''Yeah? I'm glad to hear that.''

It is cold outside and she is rubbing her forearm with the other hand.

''Why did we come outside?'' I asked her taking her in my arms to give her warmth. She lets me hold her and rests her head against my chest.

''I just wanted to. Enjoy the night, you know, it's hot in there with all the dancing,'' she said shyly, shrugging, letting me hold her.

''Umm, why did my mom ask you to look for Laura's missing earrings?'' I ask her. This question has been nagging me the entire time.

''She didn't. She just wanted to talk to me.'' She raises her head and looks at me.

''What about?'' I ask. What could my mom talk to her about?

''She said that I look like a nice girl and she approves your choice,'' she giggled lightly,'' and it looks like you really like me, so if I hurt you, she'll come after me.''

''She said that?'' I asked surprised. She nodded shyly a soft smile on her face. Really, my mom said that?

''What did you say?'' I ask teasingly.

''I said: yes ma'am.'' She saluted and giggled. At this moment she looked so beautiful and I just had to kiss her.

''Don't slap me ok,'' I say as I lean closer to her face. She doesn't say anything just looks me in the eyes with a shy smile, and I can't see fear. I lean in even closer and then our lips touch. She moves her lips with mine, kissing me back. Her hands rest on my hips as I cup her face.

The kiss is sweet and tender and the butterflies come to life in me. Stella is kissing me back and I'm totally lost in her. Her lips are soft and melt perfectly together with mine. I can taste a little bit of champagne on her breath as we kiss.

A flash of light goes off and Stella pulls away instantly. I look to our right and I see my mom with a camera.

''You two look so lovely together,'' she says with a big smile on her face.