20.

Stella

I lay down on the living room sofa as soon as I get home. I'm exhausted from this day, I have had too much human interaction for today.

About 10 minutes later Emily arrives home. She is carrying her handbag and a white box. She greets me quickly and hurries to the kitchen. Her happy featherlike movements make me smile. I have never really looked her with this new interest of mine. Her blond hair is as always perfectly up in a messy bun and the short dress she is wearing is showing her long legs off. I have to admit she is attractive, and fun, and beautiful, and everything I'd look for in a guy. But she is not a guy, she is a beautiful girl that has got me feeling some type of way. And it's weird.

I stand up from the sofa and make my way to the kitchen.

''What do you have there?'' I ask as she is taking things out of her bag.

''I went shopping, needed some things for dinner and I brought cake,'' she smiles happily and opens the white box that has a beautiful creamy cake in it.

''If I remember correctly, vanilla with strawberry filling, is your favorite,'' she adds.

''You are absolutely right,'' I state and I'm so excited for the cake.

''So I was thinking that we can have a little predate tonight, what a movie, eat cake. What do you think?'' Emily asked shyly.

''A predate? Is that a thing?'' I chuckle lightly over her idea. Then we basically have had predates every night because we sit on the sofa and watch TV sharing few kisses here and there.

''I hope so,'' she smirks more confidently and pecks my cheeks as she passes me to put some things to the fridge.

''Ok, I'm in, if there is cake or popcorn, I'm always in,'' I joke. I then swipe my finger over the edge of the cake to get some cream off of it. Mm, tastes so good. Emily smacks my hand away giving me a stern look with a hint of playfulness.

***

We set the things on the table in front of the sofa and we brought blankets. She is currently looking for a DVD to watch and I'm sitting here on the sofa feeling a little anxious about this predate. I'm nervous. I don't know why thought. We have kissed every day since her confession and my bold promise to try this, but now I'm nervous about that.

She puts the film on and comes back to the couch. She smiles happily and sets herself comfortably on the sofa motioning to me to take a place at her side.

I set my head on her shoulder and she put her arm around me. I can feel my heart beat increasing but it's not the sweet kind of excitement way, it's more a really nervous one.

The movie starts and I tell myself that I try like I promised. But now that the date is so close and this is supposedly the predate I feel it being harder than I thought.

As the movie plays we eat the cake and sip some wine we had in the fridge. The cake is really good, but I just don't have appetite for it anymore. I eat half of my piece and leave it on the table.

''You ok?'' Emily asks me worriedly bringing her hand to my face to get me to look at her.

''Yeah,'' I say half heartedly pulling a smile on my face. She pecks my lips and smiles so sweetly.

The movie is still on and I'm really not paying attention. I'm thinking of Emily and the date tomorrow. I am having second thoughts about this. And I also feel guilty for promising to try.

Emily is absentmindedly drawing on my thigh as her eyes are fixed on the TV screen. She really is a beautiful girl, and I should be lucky to have her. I'm just really confused right now.

I reach up to her face and bring her lips to mine. She is surprised as am I. She kisses me back and the kiss grows deeper within seconds. She places me on the sofa and hovers over me without breaking the kiss. She is holding her body weight up with her hands but she is still pressed against me a fair amount.

After a moment she brings herself to straddle me.

''What are you doing?'' she asks teasingly, her breathing heavy.

''I don't know,'' I say honestly, but saying it teasingly.

She connects our lips in a heated kiss, once again. Her hands start to roam my body, over my sides, my belly, she brushes over my breasts a few times and it sends a pleasurable tingle down my back. I don't really know what to do with my hands so I just rest them on her hips. I slightly move my hands feeling her slim body against my palms. I let my hands go under her shirt and I feel her goosebumps appear on her soft skin.

Her tongue is gently fighting mine and she tastes of strawberries. Her hands are sneaking under my shirt and she is kissing down my neck. With sweet little kisses she reaches my collarbone and bites down playfully. Her eyes find mine and I see her teasing eyes burning with want. And now I'm scared.

Do I know what to do? Do I even want to? I don't know.

As I'm having this internal debate with myself she is leaving kisses on my stomach dangerously close to the waistband of my shorts. She is turning me on, but also frightening me to no end.

Her soft lips make their way up my belly moving the shirt up with each kiss, she kisses the valley between my breasts over the shirt I'm wearing, and finds my lips again.

Our tongues are in a heated battle and I surprise myself with a moan. She hooks her fingers under the hem of my shirt and pulls it off of me. Now I'm in front of her just wearing my bra and shorts, and she is smiling sweetly. She kisses over my breasts and then back up my neck to my mouth. Her lips work so well with mine and it feels so good. She kisses behind my ear and a shiver rolls down my body. She smiles teasingly and kisses me again behind my ear. She is enjoying the fact that she can make my body shiver under her touch.

''You are beautiful,'' she says between kisses. My hands are under her shirt and I feel her breasts. She feels amazing and I feel so good when she touches me, but nerves start to kick in again.

I feel nervous to the point that I am feeling little nauseous. I'm in this heated make out session with Emily, half naked, and I'm not even sure that I want it. What is wrong with me?

I don't want to hurt her, she is the sweetest girl ever and I love her as a friend. But more than that? I don't know.

''I'm sorry.'' In a panic I push her off of me, quickly I gather my shirt from the floor and I make my way to my room. What is wrong with me?

Liam sends me a text telling me he will pick me up before nine to go to this bar to meet everyone before going to the club.

I haven't seen most of Emily's friends since I moved. I guess I could have called them my friends, too. They were over a lot and Emily asked me to go hang with them, it was fun.

We get there and I see familiar faces smiling bright when they see me.

''Stella, back from the dead?'' Devon jokes as he approaches me and envelopes me in a friendly hug. The others approach me with the same kind and friendly hugs. I have missed them.

''Alive and well,'' I say motioning to myself. Annie is not here yet and I can't see Emily either, they are probably coming together.

I feel myself getting nervous.