5.

Emily

''Emily!'' I heard my name being called.

''EMILY!'' I heard Stella calling me again. It sounds frustrated and muffled.

''What? Where are you?'' I exited my room but I did not see her in the living area or the kitchen.

''In my bathroom!'' She was knocking on the door from the inside.

''The door is stuck!'' She sounded mad. She was kicking the door and constantly pushing the handle down. I did not know what to do. This has never happened to me, and I am no handyman.

''Umm... I don't really know what to do to be honest,'' I tell her.

''Ohh, just great! '' She is frustrated and mad. What to do? What to do?

''Is the lock stuck or what is the problem?'' This has never happened before. Or maybe it did, but Devon didn't need my help of getting out.

''I don't know!'' she growls from the other side of the door still kicking the door. I can imagine her brown eyes shooting daggers at that door and it makes myself giggle a little. She looks adorable when she is slightly mad, I saw that last night when she was really rooting for that character in that move we saw.

''This isn't a small bathroom, but it feels claustrophobic to me by now!'' Hearing her voice again makes me snap out of that picture in my head. What do we do? Do I call someone? Who? Devon maybe.

''Umm... You push the handle down and push the door, I'll pull the door from this side. Sounds good?'' I have no idea what I'm doing. Maybe together it might open.

''Like I have a choice!'' Stella sounds anxious and mad.

''3, 2, 1, '' I count down, and we put our girly strength together. Thank God, it opened and in the process the doorframe broke where the latch bolt goes in. She stumbled out of the bathroom but with my help she managed to keep her balance. I could not take my eyes off of her the moment she stepped out. She had just towel covering herself and her hair was wet. Reddened water from her hair dye was running down her back. Water droplets were glistening on her shoulders and an image of me touching my lips to her soft skin on her shoulder appeared in my mind.

''Thanks!'' Relief laced in her voice she hugged me tight. My hand sneaked around her waist as she placed her hands around my neck. Her touch made a shiver go up my spine.

''Oh, sorry, didn't mean to get you wet, '' she said detaching herself from me, paused for a second and flushed, small chuckle escaping her.

''No worries,'' I tried to keep myself from laughing but I did not manage that. We both just laughed together over her words. Her cheeks were slightly pink and she was clutching her hand on the towel to keep it up.

''I'll see if someone could come and get that door fixed.'' I decided to move on from that. I have to call the landlord, oh I so hate that.

''Thanks. Umm.. I'm... thanks, I'll get dressed now,'' she stumbled with her words and her pinkish cheeks turned redder.

''Yeah, no problem.'' I awkwardly turned around and went back to my room.

Once again I find myself zoned out. We are having a slow day at the coffee shop I work in. I don't like it, it gives me too much time to think about her. The shop is small and most of the time it is full of people from the office building over the street, but not today.

A couple is sitting at the back table enjoying some hot coco holding hands. He is leaning in from time to time just to touch her cheek and tuck a strand of hair behind her ear. They looks so carefree and I want that too. Observing this little interaction makes my mind go back to Stella, it happens a lot, everything makes me think of her.

Annie was right. I should have never looked Stella the way I did. Falling for a straight girl is indeed the worst thing.