6.

Emily

I unlocked the door and stepped into the apartment. Sweet smell of musky colon hit my nose, there was a jacket hung up on the rack and sneakers that did not belong to Stella or me. I heard faint deep voice and light giggles from the living area.

I entered the room finding a tan muscular good looking guy sitting on the couch whit Stella. His hands were on Stella's thighs while her legs were over his lap. I saw his hand make a shooting motion against her thighs.

''Hey you!'' Stella greeted me whit a warm smile looking a little embarrassed for some reason. The guy just waved giving me a bored look.

''This is Matt,'' she said casually fixing her eyes back on the TV, but still looking a bit uncomfortable.

''I'm Emily.'' I introduced myself. The guy does not react at all and looks at the TV with a blank expression.

I went to the kitchen to put away groceries. Stella was on her feet quickly skipping to the kitchen area. Her hair was nicely braided over her left shoulder and was bright shade of red. It suited her so well.

''Sorry, I should have told you that I have company, but I thought you are at work and he was supposed to leave soon. Is it a problem?'' She is talking fast like she is nervous and she is not looking me in the eyes. It's not my home only, it's both of ours. I can't tell her not to bring guests over. But I have to admit, seeing that guy here with her did something to me that I can't really put to words.

''No no, it's fine. I changed my shift with one of the girls, she needed me to take hers.'' It is fine, but I feel like telling her not to bring him here. The rational part of me knows that this is none of my business, but something in me feels strangely about this.

''Oh, good.'' She says relieved breath escaping her. She went back to sit on the sofa and put her legs over his.

''I'm making dinner, you guys want some?'' I ask, just being polite. Somehow I'm really annoyed by his presents.

''No thanks, we already ate.'' She said slightly raising her voice so I'd hear it.

I took out the ingredients that I needed for my chicken fried rise, but I felt no appetite what so ever. After putting the things back I went to my room.

I could hear them talking, not anything specific but the muffled sound. Her giggles and genuine laugh echoed in the apartment. I took my headphones and listened to music to distract myself from the situation. It's annoying me to no end. Why is it like this?

That was the first time I was jealous. I hated that guy, not like he did anything wrong at the time. He was here with a girl he liked and she liked him, so why was I so hurt about him being there. I wished I was the one making her laugh like that. I wanted to sit on the sofa like that, having her legs over my lap and making soothing patterns on her skin touching my lips to hers or where ever I could reach. That will never happen.