18.

Stella 

I didn't know what to do now. I didn't mind the kiss, I think I even liked it. She has been so cheery after this, she is always happy but now she is even more. The night really felt like a date, she even told me that she would like it to be a real date.

I have no idea what's going on. As she tries to take my hand I pull it away, it's like a reflex. She asks me questions and for an answer I just nod or use yes or no. I'm confused, I would have never thought I would be.

After few failed attempts to hold my hand she stopped trying. At the time of a takeoff I was too occupied with my thoughts that I forgot about her fear of flying. She suffered the flight alone because I was not responding due to my preoccupied state of mind.

As we got home I immediately disappeared to my room.

I liked kissing her, her lips were so soft against my own. I have kissed girls before and their lips are usually much softer than the boy's. But there was something different about that kiss. I liked it.

***

''Em!''

It was 9am and I saw Emily's car keys still on the counter in the kitchen. I then went and knocked on her door. No answer. I opened the door slightly seeing her sound asleep.

Weird, she usually goes for a run and then either school or work. Why is she still home?

''Em, are you alright?'' I whisper. She stirs in her sleeps but doesn't wake up.

''Em,'' I say half loud. Did she sleep in?

''Leave me alone,'' she says quietly.

''It's 9am, did you sleep in?'' I asked her. She turns her back to me and pulls the duvet over her head.

''No.'' A muffled sound reaches my ears.

''Are you ok?'' I she sick? Is it me? What's going on with her? This makes me worried.

''Fine! Just leave!'' she sounds irritated. So I do leave her room, closing the door behind me.

***

''Why are you acting like that?'' I ask her. She is in the kitchen making dinner. She didn't leave the apartment today and she hasn't talked to me at all.

''Like what?'' she says sarcastically not looking up from the food.

''Like I did something to offend you,'' I say shyly.

''No, you did not offend me, but talking to me would have been nice,'' she says, pitter and angry.

''I am?'' I don't understand.

''No, I asked you a hundred times yesterday if there was something wrong, can I help, did I offend you, what's wrong. You ignored me, ever since... the kiss,'' she said angrily. That's making her grumpy. She is worried about the kiss.

''I'm sorry, it's just that the kiss got me a little off card that's it, sorry for ignoring you.'' I didn't think I acted that bad yesterday.

''Whatever'' she says under her breath but I hear it.

''What do you want me to say? Yeah something is wrong. No you can't help. You didn't offend me. And what's wrong is that the date was a friendly thing, it was not supposed to be romantic...'' I am a little annoyed with her as well.

''I'm sorry, this date thing was a little too real for me,'' she confesses all traces of anger and annoyance gone from her voice.

''I told you that I don't want to give you a wrong impression...'' I didn't get to finish as she interrupted.

'You didn't give me a wrong impression I just read too much into it and got a head of myself, I'm sorry.'' Her voice is small and she sounds sad. I didn't want to give her a wrong impression, but instead she confused me and she got hurt.

''I am stupid enough to have fallen for you. You told me that you are not into that. Devon and Annie both told me to watch it, not to fall for you, but I couldn't help it. Annie told me not to ask you to the wedding, but I was stubborn and did it anyway. I knew that the friendly date thing was just a lie to myself. I tried to fool myself but it didn't work. Every time you touched my hand my heart started beating faster. Being able to hold you while slow dancing was the best part of the night till I kissed you.'' she confesses and I am stunned. I didn't expect that to happen.

''I... I... don't know...''I mumble out something but I have nothing to say to this. She stood in front of me as I sat in my usual spot on the counter. She stepped between my legs to be as close as possible. Her hands were resting on top of my thigh and her face was close to mine. I gulped loudly waiting for her next move. I was frozen under her gaze. She didn't look confident a she did at the night of the wedding, right now she looked scared.

''I know I can never have you and it breaks my heart to know that I have no chance at all.'' I saw her eyes watering and I feel sorry. I liked kissing her, maybe I should give her a chance? Or maybe I'll hurt her even more if I do give it a chance? I am never been interested in girls, am I now? I don't know.

I cupped her face and leaned in till our lips touched. I kissed her soft lips and she answered with moving her lips with mine. Her hands found their place on my hips and she pulled me closer to her. Our bodies were pressed together as the kiss grew heavier.

Her tongue slide over my lips and I let her in. Our tongues met and I moaned into the kiss, surprising myself.

Her hands softly stroked up and down my back and my own hands slid from her face to her waist. The kiss was hot and heavy but sweet and I liked it. I have to admit she is a really good kisser. I pulled away from the kiss breathless and panting for air. She had a shy smile on her face. She cupped my face with one of her hands and softly pecked my lips.

''You are so beautiful,'' she whispered and I felt a butterfly flying around my stomach. I smile, too, pecking her lips to say thank you.

''Ask me out,'' I say. Why not? Might as well try it? There are always two ends to a relationship, either happy or sad, but we'll never know before we try.

''What?'' she is surprised, eyes wide and her mouth slightly open. I laugh lightly bringing my hand under her chin to close her mouth.

''I'll give you a chance, I'll try. I will not promise you anything but to try. So, ask me out,'' I say seriously. I don't know what came over me but I felt like I shouldn't shut her down without trying first.

''Stella, will you go on a date with me?'' she asked me with a biggest smile on her face.

''Hey, Stella, what are you doing here?'' I see Liam in a dress pants and a button up shirt like all the waiters here.

''I'm with my date, he works at this company,'' I say getting a drink from the tray he is carrying. This is a fancy event for collecting money for charity. All the people are dressed in fancy dresses and suits and I think that just giving the money to charity that was spent for this event would have been more beneficial. It looks like everybody is having a crappy time, forced conversations all around the place and absolutely no emotion.

''Nice, is he like 50 or something,'' he jokes.

''No,'' I laugh lightly, ''thirty.''

''How's Emily?'' I ask him feeling that familiar guilt in my chest.

''She is good,'' he says but his face is telling different.

''We are having a birthday party for Annie this Saturday at The Cloud, you should come!'' He looks excited about that.

''Thanks for the invite, I'll be there,'' I tell him and he carries on with his job. I have a chance to see Emily.