12.

Emily

Annie is sitting on the sofa with me and we are watching ''The Notebook''. She is in love with the movie, and I think she is in love with the leading man also. Because of Annie I have seen that movie more than I'd like to admit. The first 3 times was good, next 3 was ok, after that it has been a torture.

''Hey girls, bye girls!'' Stella says running through the living room.

''Hey? Where are you going?'' Annie asks Stella, and I'm glad she did.

''I have a date,'' she says cheerfully.

''Ooo, with who?'' Annie keeps questioning with enthusiasm. She sits on the edge of the sofa and looks at Stella curiously.

''A guy from one of my classes, he's name is Alex.'' Stella gushes putting her heels on at the same time. She is balancing herself by the door of the corridor.

''I need the details later!'' Annie sounds equally excited and I just feel my heart drop to my stomach. Stella looks breathtaking right now in her skinny jeans and high heels, and in my blouse. She borrowed that blouse from me but I didn't even ask what for.

''Sure, I'll tell you tomorrow,'' she turns around waving at us and leaves.

I am not interested in that movie at all. When before I at least looked at the TV screen, but now I am not even bothered to do that. I am thinking about Stella on a date with that guy Alex. I should not be thinking about it. It's none of my business, she can date all the guys she wants and I should not feel jealous.

''Why so sulky all of a sudden?'' Annie asks me as the end credits start running on the screen.

''Nothing,'' I lie. She turns to face me examining my face.

''There is something! You were not watching the movie at all,'' she keeps pushing.

''I have seen that like million times, I don't need to look at the screen to know what's going on,'' I try to make a joke with a smile on my face. I fail miserably.

''You are not fooling me, spill!'' Annie demands and I know not to argue with her.

I sight, I don't know what to do. Annie is gazing at me waiting for my replay.

''So...'' she is impatient.

I sigh once more and put my head on her shoulder. ''I think I'm falling for Stella.''

''Emily!'' She whispers my name like a prayer. ''She is straight,'' I can hear compassion and concern in her voice.

''I know,'' I whisper in response.

Annie is standing at my door with a large tub of ice cream.

''I'm sorry,'' she apologizes.

''Me too,'' I say.

She steps in and envelopes me in a bear hug.

''I'm just not ready yet,'' I whisper still hugging her tight.

''I know, I know.'' She is soothingly rubbing my back and I let the tears fall from my eyes. I haven't let myself cry over this in so long.

i