8.

Emily

''Stell, what are you up to?'' She is sitting on the gray sofa in the living room watching some awful reality TV. She is all huddled up in a blanket looking like a small parcel. Her hand is sticking out of the blanket to hold on to a cup of something steaming. It's not at all cold in here but she looks like it's December and we are in Alaska.

''Just watching the ''Cake Boss'', why?'' She says not turning her eyes away from the TV.

''Me and some of my friends are going to the beach to play volleyball. Wanna come?'' I offer. I just got a call from Annie that they are going, the boys want to play some volleyball.

''Sure. Now?'' She turns her eyes on me and looks excited.

''We'll meet them in the beach in a half an hour.'' Stella places the cup down on the coffee table and tosses the blanket messily on the sofa.

''Sounds good!'' She hops off the sofa and quickly disappears to her room.

I gather my things. I put on my bikini, just incase, it's not really that warm today. It's the end of September and it looks like it's mostly cloudy.

''Em, I'm ready!'' I hear Stella call from the living area. I quickly gather my car keys and take my bag.

Stella is wearing short jeans and a shirt that's almost see-through. Her bright red bikini is showing under it. She looks amazing and I forget myself for a second. I've gotten into a habit of staring but I really shouldn't.

''I'll drive,'' I say and off we go.

***

''Annie, this is Stella.'' We meet Annie at the parking lot and I introduce them. Annie is cheerful like always already from a far she waved for us.

''I think we have met briefly before, nice to meet you,'' Stella extends her and to her and they shake. Annie is smiling wide and nudges me with an elbow teasingly. She always does that to me when there are cute girls around, but because Stella saw it I feel like sinking 10 feet underground.

''Yeah, was it Evan's sorority party, you were there with Lily and Christian?'' Annie asks Stella like she didn't just make me red as tomato and starts walking to the beach.

''Yes, that's it!'' Stella smiles big and the girls carry on the conversation.

''Hey, girls!'' Devon, is the first to greet us out of four boys that are already waiting for us. Devon is my last roommate. He is tall and tan, looks like a real Cali surfer boy. His blond hair is long enough to be put up into a bun and his wrists are covered with wristbands.

We all greet them and I introduce everybody to Stella. They all greet her with warmth.

''How's the new roomy? Better than me?'' Devon teases nudging my shoulder and winking at me.

''Yes, much better to look at then you,'' I tease back.

''No, can't be, look at me,'' the pearly white smile disappears and he has a pout oh his face, and is gesturing to himself.

''Oh yeah, my bad, I forgot how you looked like,'' I laughed. His face lights up and knowing smirk appears on his lips.

''For reals, she looks smoking, how do you live like that?'' He asks humorously.

''With great difficulty,'' I joke, but it is somewhat true. She is having an effect on me and I'm a little afraid. I looked to my right where Stella was in deep conversation with Annie and Liam. She was smiling and laughing lightly looking good in the sun. Her laugh echoes into my ear and it's a lovely sound.