19.

Emily

''Are you free this Friday?'' I ask Stella. I sit next to her on the big grey sofa where she is watching TV.

''I'm free.'' She smiles big and pecks me on my cheek.

''I thought we could have our date then,'' I say and I feel excitement about the date already. I have been excited about that since two days ago when she asked me to ask her. I was surprised. I was afraid she will move out as I told her all the things that were on my mind. But she didn't, she agreed to try and I couldn't be happier.

She nodded enthusiastically in response. She was lazily lying down on the sofa watching TV and as per usual I sat and gazed at her more than I watched TV.

Occasionally she looked up at me and our eyes met.

''Stop staring,'' she says, hitting me with a pillow.

''Ouch, I can't there is something pretty on my sofa,'' I say smirking, rubbing my hand where she hit me.

''That was cheesy,'' she launches another pillow at my direction, laughing. She then pulls me down next to her. Our faces are really close and I don't hesitate closing the space and attaching my lips to hers.

It is a dream come true to have the privilege to kiss her. And she kisses me back, she is shy but her kisses make me want to do so much more.

The kiss doesn't last long and she turns her attention back to the TV.

''Can we cuddle?'' I ask her. She nods, her eyes focused on the TV. I pull her from the waist against my front so she is my little spoon, I rest my head on the back of her neck leaving a small kiss there. Her fingers entwine with mine and I feel so happy right now. I have no interest in what's coming from the TV so I just close my eyes and enjoy her body pressed against mine.

I wake up from a dream that feels like a sweet nightmare. I can almost feel her in my arms. I ended up looking at the wedding pictures yesterday and I felt even more down than I did before. My mom left the pictures on the kitchen table before she left and curiosity got the best of me.

The picture of the kiss brought tears to my eyes. She was in her dark blue dress and I in her baby blue dress. We looked like a real couple. There were a few pictures of us on the dance floor and just chatting at the table, too.

I miss her.