Chapter 42

Harry's POV

I stood at the front of the aisle. I was trying to appear strong, but I was a wreck. Rylie's mom was sitting on the front row on the bride's side. She sent me a weak smile. Marcus was plopped down beside her with, surprisingly, Hunter on his other side.

Rylie's bridesmaids were now heading down the aisle with my groomsmen. Liam was the first to come out with Maddie. Then, it was Sara and Zayn, followed by Delaney and Niall. And then, finally, Gemma and Derek. Gemma seemed to gleam when she saw Derek. Long story short, they had a couple of things binding them together. One being, their undying love for each other. Another being...well, the baby Gemma had growing in her stomach. Yup, that's right. Gemma was pregnant...again. With twins.

Once all the bridesmaids and groomsmen had taken their positions, the flower girl, Peyton, began to make her way down the aisle, scattering rose petals on the floor carelessly. You may be wondering, who is little Peyton? My three year old daughter, that's who. Then, the music began to play. The bride's anthem. Rylie made her way down the aisle. Her curly hair fell across her back, and a brilliant smile lit her face the moment she met my eye. She slowly, painfully slowly, made her way down the aisle and reached out to take my hand in hers. No one had walked her down the aisle. She was strong coming in, and she would be strong coming out of this. The ring bear came strutting down the aisle then; his brown, curly hair was basically obscuring his vision. For a five year old, Xavier was a bit awkward. He held up the rings, and I took them.

As the preacher made his speech, I zoned in on Rylie. I only refocused when I finally heard the preacher's words. "You may kiss the bride."

"Thank God. These are the words I have been waiting for," I said before I grabbed Rylie and dipped her.

A few years before

"I can't take it anymore, Harry! You are always snapping at me, and you always have an attitude! I haven't been back for three months, and you are accusing me of cheating on you?! I love you, Harry!" Rylie snapped, throwing pillow after pillow at me. "I am done! With you! And your constant rambling! I am moving out!" She grabbed her already packed bags and stormed out.

"Rylie wa-"

--

The months go by, and I resort to drinking and smoking. A lot of drinking and smoking. It was one night that I was at a pub that I met Derek. He seemed oddly familiar, but I brushed that fact off. We clicked, and we became drinking buddies. It wasn't long before we made plans for a trip to Las Vegas. I never thought it would happen, but we booked plane tickets and went. The day of, I was buzzing with excitement. I had barely settled into my hotel suite before I headed to the nicest bar in town. I took a seat next to a pretty fine lady.

"Well, hello good looking what you go-aaa-aaa-aaaa. Rylie?" I gaped. It has been a year since I have seen her. Had she gotten hotter or did my eye sight get better?

Rylie turned and her bright smile dropped when she saw me. The friend beside her, who I recognized as Delaney, grew quiet.

"Well, I'm going to get my dance on," her friend proclaimed before she stood and abandoned Rylie. Why had I ever had a thing for this Delaney chick anyway?

Rylie turned to glare at me before she ordered a round of shots. "I don't want to talk, Harry," she said bluntly. I ordered a few shots myself. She downed hers without much problem. She was ordering another round before I could even take my first shot. It wasn't long before we were both laughing at nothing in particular. I took a bold move and grabbed her face, kissing her. Her mouth tasted like alcohol. She didn't hesitate to return the kiss.

Between the rounds of giggles, she muttered, "You know what would be crazy?"

"What?"

"If we got married."

I grin from ear to ear. "Let's do it."

--

I woke the following morning to a scream. I groaned and slowly opened my eyes, rubbing them. I then saw Rylie, with her hair wild, beside me. Was I naked? Was she naked? Why were we at a hotel? Why did my head hurt so much? Why was there a ring on my finger? Wait! There's a ring on my finger?!

Rylie didn't explain anything. Instead, she scrambled out of the covers and started tugging clothes on. "This? This! This is not real," she snapped as she placed the ring on the bedside table.

I stood and grabbed the contract. It had been signed, sloppily might I add. I turn to Rylie and hold it up. "It is real."

( a/n: This is truly the end guys! This has been long and hard, but I have a lot in store. I hope you all have a good day. )