Chapter 13

Rylie's POV

I woke up well before Harry, but I couldn't seem to get up. I was comfortable next to Harry and his arm was around my waist. His cheek was resting on my head. I slowly crawled out of his grip and lied his hand beside him. He stirred, but he didn't wake.

His curly hair was flat on one side and his green eyes were hidden behind the lids. He looked so peaceful when he slept, like the last time I saw him sleep.

I quietly left the room. It was early, so no one else was awake. I walked out onto the balcony. It was too dark to see anything, but I listened to the soft sound of the waves hitting the shore.

I would miss this. I wasn't here long, nor did I stay on the beach most of the time. But I would miss it nonetheless.

I lost track of time. I knew I could always check my phone, but I would have to go back to the room just to get it and I don't want to wake Harry up. I wanted him to get up himself.

The sun was rising steadily by the minutes and I knew everyone would be awake soon enough. Just as I thought this, two hands wrap around my waist.

Harry leaned his head down to whisper in my ear, "Good morning love." His voice was raspy from just waking up.

I was slightly shocked by his use of the word "love" not that I should be. I knew Harry was British, but it still surprised me, because he never uses the word. Well until now.

"Morning," I murmur.

It was light enough outside to see out there now. People were beginning to come out onto the beach, even though it is pretty chilly this morning.

I wasn't sure how much time passes before we actually talk, but Harry finally breaks the silence. "Ready for breakfast?" he asks me.

I nod and I turn so that I am facing Harry. "Carry me?" I ask. I was only kidding, but Harry surprises me by picking me up bridal style and carrying me to the kitchen. He sets me down onto the counter and smirks.

"Romantic," I inquire.

"Not really," Harry answers.

"Heroic?"

"Unlikely, love."

"Sweet?" I murmur.

Harry rolls his eyes like I normally do. "Sure, if you think so," he tells me. He takes out some of the pots and pans that this place was stashed with.

"Want me to help?" I ask.

Harry shrugs and takes out some eggs. "Sure, I only do this because no one else gets off their lazy ass to do it," he says, turning his head to look at Gemma and Will's room.

"Oh shut it Harry, they are probably sleeping," I whisper and climb down from the counter. I take out some bacon and smile.

Harry glances at the door and then back to me. "Yeah...that's what they are doing," he mutters.

I listen to Harry's instructions, even though I know how to make scrambled eggs. I could at least cook some. But I liked Harry explaining everything. I knew he meant well and I liked hearing him being passionate about something that is so simple.

Breakfast was finished about the time Gemma and Will came out of hiding. I was beginning to agree with Harry that they weren't just "sleeping".

"Morning!" Gemma says cheerfully. Her attitude is quite contagious.

Will doesn't say anything. He just grabs a plate of food and nods to Harry and me before he sits down at the table. Harry hesitantly joins him, motioning for me to follow.