Chapter 15

Harry's POV

As soon as I got to the car, I turned my phone on. We, as in Will and Gemma, had been partying in a club. I came along because they basically forced me to. I had no intentions of going, because I knew what could happen if I let it. I did have to go, so that I could drive them back. I had wondered off about an hour of just sitting at a bar. Too many women were looking at me or flirting, so I finally had to leave. I didn't feel comfortable.

I had stayed outside until I saw Gemma and Will leave the club, half drunk.

"Harry I can drive," Gemma offers, giggling when Will nudged her side.

I shake my head and take the keys from her. I didn't trust them when they were basically drunk. I got in the car and started it. As soon as they were in, I locked the doors and pulled out of the drive.

I was worried that Rylie had called. I had kept my phone off all night and I hadn't tried to get a hold of her, because I didn't want her to know where we were. I didn't even agree to it, so it isn't my fault.

"Harry, I am still surprised you didn't drink," Gemma blurts. I just ignore her and pull into the condo's driveway.

When I parked, I turned the car off and looked down at my phone. Rylie had called twice and texted once. I check her text message first.

Hey I just wanted to say that I miss you and I hope you can call back when you are available. Thanks.

I felt guilty. I was out at a club, even if I didn't do anything, and she was probably at home baking cookies with her parents. I tried to imagine it and I began to doubt it.

I press the call button by her name and put the phone up to my ear. I got out of the car and waited for her to answer. She answered on the second ring.

"Hello."

"Hey Rylie, sorry I didn't answer your calls. I was...busy," I say, hoping she will take my answer. I don't really want to tell her where I was.

Rylie doesn't say anything and for a second I think she hung up. Finally she murmurs, "It's okay. I was just going to ask you something, but I think I have changed my mind."

"No tell me," I say, leaning back against Gemma's car. Gemma and Will were already going into the condo.

"I can't," Rylie says. I hear a car door slam. I am guessing she isn't at her house.

"Why?"

"Just because Harry. I am sorry. I can't talk about this right now," she snaps.

I was curious about what she wanted to say, but I don't push her anymore. She would tell me when she is ready. It wasn't like I wasn't keeping anything from her.

"Okay, well are you okay? The text made me worried," I tell her.

Rylie sighs softly and murmurs, "I am not the best. It has been a long day. How are you?"

"Honestly, my day has been pretty lousy. I had a long drive all by myself and then when I got back, I didn't even get to go to sleep," I mutter, walking inside.

"Why not?" Rylie asks. It seemed to be her turn to be worried.

I ran a hand through my hair. I had said too much.

"We went to go get groceries," I fib. I pressed the elevator button and climb on.

"Oh, okay," Rylie mumbles, but I knew she doesn't believe me. I hate not being honest with her, but the truth would probably make her pissed. No, I bet it would piss her off.